Sig 365

MOT

Has Sig fixed their gun yet? By that I mean is this gun considered reliable enough to carry and practice/train with on a regular basis. I’m looking to hear from those that have plenty of experience. All too often people tell me their gun is reliable but have only put 200 rounds through it. I’m not satisfied with that.
Also, of the p365s I have tried out some(not all) of them have this weird pre ignition click in the trigger. I’ve noticed this both in dry fire and live fire. Will that smooth out with use, is it just a sig not doing something right?
Any feedback is much appreciated.

Has Sig fixed their gun yet? By that I mean is this gun considered reliable enough to carry and practice/train with on a regular basis. I’m looking to hear from those that have plenty of experience. All too often people tell me their gun is reliable but have only put 200 rounds through it. I’m not satisfied with that.
Also, of the p365s I have tried out some(not all) of them have this weird pre ignition click in the trigger. I’ve noticed this both in dry fire and live fire. Will that smooth out with use, is it just a sig not doing something right?
Any feedback is much appreciated.

I have 1200 rounds on mine without any problems, my brother has about 900 on his. A friend of mine has 1500 on his without any problems. I like this little gun so well that I bought my daughter one for her work as a narcotics officer. I have never noted the pre-ignition click, so I can't comment on it.

tylerw02

Mine is a 16 Feb 2019 production. I’m 967 rounds deep as of today. No issues thus far other than a rather large burr on the bearing surface where it contacts the trigger mechanism. This was present out of the box. Sig wouldn’t replace the striker without gun in hand and 8-12 week turn around time. I was told this on day 1 with an unfired pistol. I took down the burr with a file and stone. The pistol has been fine.

My two P320 X Series guns also has QC issues out of the box, but at least the P355 runs. Both X Series guns couldn’t make it through a magazine until I remedied the problem. Again, first day I owned them, Sig told me 8-12 weeks to fix a new gun.

A friend of mine has a mid ‘18 production P365 that kaboomed on the first magazine. Sig blames the ammunition manufacturer without inspecting the gun for themselves. They stated it was double-charged. As somebody that reloads, I’ve taken down most factory ammunition in 9mm and found it impossible to be double-charged. Ammunition was factory new Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ.

The owner believes it fired without being fully in battery. Testing mine, with the pencil trick, I can get it to launch a pencil without being fully in battery. I cannot say this caused the kaboom on his gun or not.

Sig stated they will fix his gun range on his dime and send him an RMA at some point when they get caught up on warranty work. He’s been waiting several months now.

Sig’s customer service has been completely terrible. While I like these three pistols I own, as well as my electro-optics from Sig, I’ve decided against purchasing additional Sig products at this time as 2/3 of my Sig pistols wouldn’t function out of the box. I was really considering a PCC from them. Now I’m looking at JP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

Amateur
Can anyone who has experience with both the P365 and the P320 subcompact give your opinion on carrying each? Can’t decide which one to get because the P365 is way smaller but the P320 subcompact is compatible with my full size mags.

MOT

Can anyone who has experience with both the P365 and the P320 subcompact give your opinion on carrying each? Can’t decide which one to get because the P365 is way smaller but the P320 subcompact is compatible with my full size mags.

Can’t speak to the 320 compact. My experience carrying the 365 is that it’s more comfortable to than my Glock 43. Simply disappears under the shmediums. The factory grip texture will wear a hole in ya. If a weapon light is mandadory then there are better options. It’s become the “I don’t wanna carry a gun gun” if that makes sense.

CD228

Amateur
I've shot the 365 and own/shoot a 320 SC. For a CCW the 365 is easier to conceal and shoots well. My brother carries one as his off duty pistol and has not reported any issues. The SC is nice with a small grip (it reminds me of my old M&P 9mm C 1.0) and a pinkie extension. If you already have a 320 you can get an SC kit for around 300-400, cheaper than a 365. I personally prefer the SC slide on an xcompact frame.