G19 CCW Magwell/Magpul Problems

Vipera19

Hey guys seeking input on your favorite magwell for a G19 I carry everyday IWB. I purchased a Magpul one and it has slight albeit noticeable horizontal movement even with the set screw cranked down & blue LT. Going to scrap it and move on with my life it was like $25 dollars but I did learn to love the pinky rest. Considering the Suarez & Agency. Thx in advance.

Attachments

• 1B728F94-7A1C-4BB1-8961-36B551B72F58.png
    1B728F94-7A1C-4BB1-8961-36B551B72F58.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 88

MojoNixon

Established
I’ve had one on my Gen 3 19 for about 8 months and it’s been rock solid. If I ever replace it I will probably go with an Agency. Their blem models are about $70.

Gypsy EDC

Have a zev and agency
I give the slight edge to the zev because it's one piece both are comfortable.

Ditto regarding suarez he was my gateway into RDS pistols but is 100% shady douchebag on the business side...

RICKDAWGGG

Industry Nobody
Staff member
I have been using the Magpul magwells on my G19's since thy came out and have not had any issues with movement, but granted that's a sample of 2. Overwatch Precision just came out with some good looking magwells that I might try out too.

MojoNixon

Established
I have been using the Magpul magwells on my G19's since thy came out and have not had any issues with movement, but granted that's a sample of 2. Overwatch Precision just came out with some good looking magwells that I might try out too.
Are the OWP's out for sale or was the e-mail I got just a pre-drop notification? I don't recall.

Wake27

I love my Agency magwell. Only thing I have from them but it’s been great for about two years I think. I chose it because it had the most compatibility with baseplates and extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vipera19

Thanks guys. Appreciate all the input. Magpul said that the frames from Glock vary so much tolerance wise that they can't make a one size fits all. Stars didn't align for me, I ordered the AA. Thx

I have the Suarez, they work great. I've done stuff with Gabe several times, nothing but good things to say. I'm not sure why people feel the need to hate on him, but I've invested time and money with him and was never disappointed. Probably more than most can say.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
I have the Suarez, they work great. I've done stuff with Gabe several times, nothing but good things to say. I'm not sure why people feel the need to hate on him, but I've invested time and money with him and was never disappointed. Probably more than most can say.

Gabe's issues and shortcomings are well documented, as are the problems with his optics ready slides. If you have had success with one of his products, I'm glad. If you have comments on the performance of the magwell, please share. However I would not support his enterprise unless no other options were available.

Kain

I have a magpul magwell that i had on my 17 for a hog minute. My 17 do old it got finger cut out and well it not perfect. No side to side movement though. That said not super surprised on tolerance stacking though. Be shocked if Glock holds thag spot on their guns to super tight tolerances. Been thinking of grinding on mine to fit my 19 out of boredom. Will see sunday. Snow and whiskey something gettung fucked up.

As far as Saurez goes..... go do some research. I've got experience with him online and his "tribe." Since I agree with Matt's not getting asshole's any publicity I'll say nothing because it would end up being quite unpleasant at best.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Thanks guys. Appreciate all the input. Magpul said that the frames from Glock vary so much tolerance wise that they can't make a one size fits all. Stars didn't align for me, I ordered the AA. Thx
I’ve got a bunch of them and yes one doesn’t fit as well as the others. I’ve swapped it around and it’s definitely the Glock frame that’s different. Kinda like how the RCS VG2 is loose on some Glocks or the eidolon has no friction fit on some of my Glocks while others snap in nicely.

Artemas

Does anyone here "fit" their magwells? I have three AA ones and all of them are picky with standard mags. About 20% of my mags will not drop free. I suspect the well is squeezing the frames some, but I am not sure if and where i should start taking material off of it.

cgcorrea

The only issue I’ve had with these is that I got one for a Gen 3 RTF2 framed G19 (one of the first run of Vickers guns that came out), and it wouldn’t fully seat to the point where the screw hole on the magwell aligned with the hole on the grip. I’ve heard in the past that some batches of RTF2 frames have a bit more material than the normal textured gen 3 frames, so that might be what was going on there. I have one on a Gen 3 RTF2 G17, and one on a Gen 4 G19, and they both fit like a glove. My only gripe is that Magpul doesn’t make these for use with M or L backstraps.