D3FT Light Head

chasnojm

Having an older M300 with full tailcap/switch setup, I was curious if the Haley D3FT handheld light is just a black 500 Lumen scout head on a handheld body. I want to know if its capable to be swapped on an M300 body. If it is, it would be a cheaper alternative than buying a new M300 and a new tailcap.

Thanks,
Jack

B The Jedi

Having an older M300 with full tailcap/switch setup, I was curious if the Haley D3FT handheld light is just a black 500 Lumen scout head on a handheld body. I want to know if its capable to be swapped on an M300 body. If it is, it would be a cheaper alternative than buying a new M300 and a new tailcap.

Thanks,
Jack
I swapped a D3FT head on to an Arisaka 300 scout body with a tape switch and it works with no issues. I believe all of the tech is in the light's head. The body is simply where the battery(s) live.

chasnojm

That's what I wanted to hear haha, I didn't know if there were concerns with taking Blast/Recoil since it was made for a handheld vs a weapon light. Do you have a picture of the light disassembled? I have a Malkoff 300Lumen head I would throw on the handheld body.

B The Jedi

That's what I wanted to hear haha, I didn't know if there were concerns with taking Blast/Recoil since it was made for a handheld vs a weapon light. Do you have a picture of the light disassembled? I have a Malkoff 300Lumen head I would throw on the handheld body.
So far it's seen a few thousand rounds and I've had no issues. I can try to take some pix when I get home from work, but I put an older surefire head on the D3FT body and it works no issues.