Hodge Defense Systems.

pointblank4445

Established
Looking to purchase a HDS Mod 2 but seems very difficult to find availability. I have found a Mod 1 16”. Question weather I should buy what is available or will the Mod 2 version become more readily available soon?? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

In the last 2 years, I've come across one 12.5" Mod2 upper that became available for sale. You gotta be somebody or know somebody to touch one of them suckers...or be willing to pounce an PAY if you happen to ever see one.

Or you can be like me and the other bottom-dwellers and be happy with the parts and/or buy a KAC (or similar).

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Im not on any inner circle, but I have found and purchased a Mod 1.5 and a Mod 2, as well as a 1.5 for my girlfriend. Its not impossible.

Rick

patriot_man

I've come across one 12.5" Mod2 upper that became available for sale.

There's one on Lightfighter but I'm not sure if it's a MOD 2, the deflector looks like the standard/MOD 1.5 style.

Nearly had a MOD 1.5 in my clutches but for whatever reason Dury's refuses to send rifles to CA. I'd be ecstatic if someone else got complete rifles as regularly as Dury's.

sbratton1

Im not on any inner circle, but I have found and purchased a Mod 1.5 and a Mod 2, as well as a 1.5 for my girlfriend. Its not impossible.

Rick
Where did you find them if you don't mind me asking? I know OPD, OPtact, and WO carry them from time to time but everything seems to sale out in less than a minute. Anybody else carrying them or do you just have to be waiting on the site when they're put up for sale?

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Where did you find them if you don't mind me asking? I know OPD, OPtact, and WO carry them from time to time but everything seems to sale out in less than a minute. Anybody else carrying them or do you just have to be waiting on the site when they're put up for sale?

1.5s are available from Dury's. Give them a call and they can help you out. I got my Mod 1.5s and Mod 2 from ODS. I know its not easy but Jim has decided on his business model and he sells everything he makes. If all else fails contact Jim directly and plead your case.

Rick

sbratton1

1.5s are available from Dury's. Give them a call and they can help you out. I got my Mod 1.5s and Mod 2 from ODS. I know its not easy but Jim has decided on his business model and he sells everything he makes. If all else fails contact Jim directly and plead your case.

Rick
Thanks Rick, much appreciated. By chance do you have a link for Dury's? I went to Dury's Guns and could not find anything Hodge Defense. I'd prefer a Mod 2 but would take a 1.5 and get a Mod 2 later. I'm hearing that more barrels will be available around Dec. so I'll hold out until then and see if uppers and lowers come back in, if not yes I might have to contact Jim and be as convincing as possible.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Thanks Rick, much appreciated. By chance do you have a link for Dury's? I went to Dury's Guns and could not find anything Hodge Defense. I'd prefer a Mod 2 but would take a 1.5 and get a Mod 2 later. I'm hearing that more barrels will be available around Dec. so I'll hold out until then and see if uppers and lowers come back in, if not yes I might have to contact Jim and be as convincing as possible.

I've never seen the on the website either. Give them a call. I know some guys local to there and apparently they gave Hodge guns up on the wall pretty frequently.

Rick

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Thats the advice I've always heard with Durys, as I've never seen them on the website since years ago briefly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Can you give a little insight on the differences between the Mod 1.5 and Mod 2?

The only difference is the use of Aluminum Lithium alloy in the upper and lower receivers along with different profiles to those two elements.

Rick

sbratton1

The only difference is the use of Aluminum Lithium alloy in the upper and lower receivers along with different profiles to those two elements.

Rick
Thanks. Called Dury's and they were out of the Mod 1.5. Hopefully they'll have more in soon or maybe the Mod 2.

WildMoosen

I was able to get my hands on a 12.5" mod 2 upper, but now that I've got it I think I'd rather have a 14.5" or 16". I haven't shot it yet, though, as I haven't finished building my pistol lower. Anyone shot 12.5 and compared it to a 14.5?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk