Safariland Holster Mods (RDS/X300U/ETC... rolling updates)

Hey guys, I recently switch from a TrexArms Ragnarok to a Safariland 6354do for my Roland Special. I did the RS mod but the als lock doesn’t seem to be functioning properly. If I apply horizontal rearward pressure to the pistol when I draw it slips under the als and comes out freely without depressing the thumb nub. When I apply direct vertical pressure when drawing the als locks as it should. My trigger guard is double undercut if that makes a difference. If anyone has any ideas on this I’d really appreciate it!

Any Glock 19x Roland’ized users?

I have a 19x with KKM BBL/Comp, X300U and a Safariland 6354. No optic as of yet.

The pistol fits and locks into the holster just fine. Hit the ALS to draw the pistol and it hangs up on the comp about half way out. Only way to draw it is to hold down the ALS and remove the pistol. So it’s a two handed affair at this point. Looks like the ALS locking block is falling into the bevel between the front of the slide and the comp since the bevel is larger than other gens of Glocks.

Anyone else run into this issue yet? Haven’t spent much time looking into a fix yet due to work schedule. Looking for a solution. Hit me up.
Has this issue been resolved? I just got a 19x and I want to go full Roland.

Albertsson

Just wanted to chime in, have a Gen 5 G19 with RMR in front of irons, Carver 2 port comp, and TLR-VIR and the light would absolutely not fit in a 6395RDS. Exchanged it for a 6354 DO and now it almost will lock, I need to remove some material under the hood where it’s hitting the RMR and probably where the comp is as well, going to heat gun/trim then will report back. I want to avoid messing with the ALS assembly itself if possible

Attachments

• 9742D501-BB63-476B-9BEF-2EF1FB2E97C9.jpeg
    9742D501-BB63-476B-9BEF-2EF1FB2E97C9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75

Albertsson

Had to trim the ALS like in the OP then grind down the piece directly below the optic hood to match. Also opened up the bottom a few mm to clear the comp, but all is well now

CapandBeard

Glock 19X, Agency Arms 417 with Agency Midline and Streamlight TLR1-HL.
Currently working on resolving the fitment issues into a Safariland 6360 ALS/SLS for a Glock 34(no more SLS garbage). The holster was modified to accommodate my G34 with TLR1-HL...but the 19x isnt seating. I will post later this week with an update.

CapandBeard

Glock 19X, Agency Arms 417 with Agency Midline and Streamlight TLR1-HL.
Currently working on resolving the fitment issues into a Safariland 6360 ALS/SLS for a Glock 34(no more SLS garbage). The holster was modified to accommodate my G34 with TLR1-HL...but the 19x isnt seating. I will post later this week with an update.
Fixed it
Removed about 1/16th from the ALS where it catches on the slide. Straight cut with a dremel cut disc and then a sand drum to remove the excess.
Removed all of the suede an inch up from the end of the holster where the comp/barrel rests.
I’ll need to do a bit more sanding here and there but retention is great and my draw feels as good as my G34

weaver1032

I have a Safariland 6390RDS for work that fits a G17/x300 but decided to switch or my 17 for a 19 on duty. When I place the 19/x300 into the holster it rattles quite a bit and fits loosely vertically. Anyone got advice on how to rectify this? I remember a video on this very topic in the last 2 weeks but can't find it again.

I have a glock 34 with dawson precision MOS-height sights for the Deltapoint Pro - anyone know if it will work in a 6354DO? If not, any other ALS holsters have a sight channel that will accommodate the irons?

I don't mind modifying, assuming it won't compromise the retention of the ALS.

JakeKiere

Any Glock 19x Roland’ized users?

I have a 19x with KKM BBL/Comp, X300U and a Safariland 6354. No optic as of yet.

The pistol fits and locks into the holster just fine. Hit the ALS to draw the pistol and it hangs up on the comp about half way out. Only way to draw it is to hold down the ALS and remove the pistol. So it’s a two handed affair at this point. Looks like the ALS locking block is falling into the bevel between the front of the slide and the comp since the bevel is larger than other gens of Glocks.

Anyone else run into this issue yet? Haven’t spent much time looking into a fix yet due to work schedule. Looking for a solution. Hit me up.

Also looking for a solution to this issue... Anyone? Bueller?

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Also looking for a solution to this issue... Anyone? Bueller?

The only solutions that I have seen involve modifying the comp such that the rear edges have an angle to them and will be able to pass the ALS mechanism without locking in. Without significant modifications to the comp or changing to a different model I haven't seen anything else that works.

Rick

user12358

The only solutions that I have seen involve modifying the comp such that the rear edges have an angle to them

Just to tag on to this as I also believe it is the only solution to this problem, PMM has a comp released that does this and KKM is planning on having their Gen 5 comp that mates up with the slide contour released by the end of the year last I heard.

Chompion

Resurrecting this thread but does anyone have pictures of a modified 6354do on the sides or top of the als mechanism? My kkm comp is getting stuck when drawing

Will this not let me edit?

Before:
8esOzF2.jpg

After:
gl05fBX.jpg

I do, here's the right side after light Dremel work. The best way is to pop it out, sand a bit and try to snap it onto the ejection port. If it doesn't snap on sand a little more.

spofU9f.jpg

Thanatos

Anyone have issues with a gun having forward serrations and the serrations chewing up the lock bar on the 6354do? My Agency Arms 17 eats it up with tlr1 or x300 onboard. I've worn through 2 to the point retention os compromised. Looking for a solution so I'm not stuck with a SLS holster to going to another brand like Off The Grid. Thanks
@TXLEO did you ever find a solution to this? I just got my 6378 (Safariland's turnaround time is over a month these days) for my Glock 20 with the Agency Arms "Gavel" slide cuts and it makes a horrible sound against the ALS when I re-holster. Like someone is teaching a 12-year-old how to drive a stick shift. I'm worried about damaging the ALS mechanism. How is yours holding up after 3 years? Did you modify it?

Tuukka

Old thread, but just got the SRO sight here and again, pretty straightforward dremeling for a 6354DO to fit it, with a TLR-1.

( Glock 17 MOS Gen 5 )