Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

If only the dot was an RMR... *sigh*. Call me an elitist or brand myopic or whatever you want, but I don’t know of a better dot for slide mounting than an RMR. It sure as hell ain’t a sig optic either

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
If only the dot was an RMR... *sigh*. Call me an elitist or brand myopic or whatever you want, but I don’t know of a better dot for slide mounting than an RMR. It sure as hell ain’t a sig optic either

Hey fair point, I don't have anything against RMRs and I certainly don't pretend to think the Sig optic is the best dot available on the market. I will say that of my personal samples I've had over 2,500 problem-free rounds fired. I have made the decision to order the shroud kit (which I'm still waiting on...) for a bit of pre-emptive additional protection, and the moment I have any issue whatsoever with the Romeo1 I'll of course report it here.

I will say I appreciate the larger window of the R1, which is similar in size to the Leupold DPP, as well as the fact that you don't have to remove and re-zero the optic to change the battery. I've mentioned before, if I could design my perfect pistol red dot sight it would honestly resemble a strange hybrid of the RMR's owl-ear hood design with a window the size of the DPP/R1, have a top- or side-loading battery, and offer the option to have a green LED, and if it could somehow incorporate a solar panel as a backup to the battery that would be neat too. But until someone releases that optic, and/or until I start having issues with the R1, I see no immediate need to entirely replace the optic that's currently on the gun for my personal purposes

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Got a couple of shipping notifications in fairly rapid succession today, more good stuff on the way...

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
I've mentioned before, if I could design my perfect pistol red dot sight it would honestly resemble a strange hybrid of the RMR's owl-ear hood design with a window the size of the DPP/R1, have a top- or side-loading battery, and offer the option to have a green LED, and if it could somehow incorporate a solar panel as a backup to the battery that would be neat too. But until someone releases that optic, and/or until I start having issues with the R1, I see no immediate need to entirely replace the optic that's currently on the gun for my personal purposes

I don't get the appeal of a solar panel on that type of optic. Battery life measured in years? Why would I need an alternative power source?

SCSU74

If the programming wasn't absolutely dicked on the type 2 I would agree, but it is, so I don't.

If the programming wasn't absolutely dicked on the type 2 I would agree, but it is, so I don't.
I would agree with you on the Type 2. Currently only in possession of Type 1’s. Bend the battery contact and only run Duracells. Haven’t been let down since making those two things part of the recipe

SCSU74

I would agree with you on the Type 2. Currently only in possession of Type 1’s. Bend the battery contact and only run Duracells. Haven’t been let down since making those two things part of the recipe

Love my type 2 RM06 on my carry gun, but I don't trust them on my duty guns

user12358

If the programming wasn't absolutely dicked on the type 2

Are you referring to the reset to automatic mode after 16 hours or is there some glitch that I am unaware of? I knew of the LED emitter plate falling off but didn't know of any electronics issues.

SCSU74

Are you referring to the reset to automatic mode after 16 hours or is there some glitch that I am unaware of? I knew of the LED emitter plate falling off but didn't know of any electronics issues.

Yep, the auto after 16 and the lockout feature locking into auto instead of a setting of your choice.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
1,100 more rounds of 124gr NATO pistol food delivered today.

Still in-transit;

- Additional 15-round mags
- TTI +2 base pads for those mags
- Romeo1 shroud kits
- A special something from Apex Tactical...

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
Good to see you got your palmetto NATO ammo. Mine was just delivered on Monday. I'll be using it primarily for Bill Blower's class in a couple weeks.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Double that and you’re still about 10 behind what I have for my blaster. Just sayin’

Oh I very much intend to double it. Or triple it. But this is a decent start, at least in my opinion. At least now I have a couple backups to the shorter Compact mag that previously I'd only had one of, the one that came with the RX Compact X-Change kit

MojoNixon

Established
Oh I very much intend to double it. Or triple it. But this is a decent start, at least in my opinion. At least now I have a couple backups to the shorter Compact mag that previously I'd only had one of, the one that came with the RX Compact X-Change kit
Oh I get it and wasn’t trying to bag in you for not having enough. As you say it’s s decent start. Between all my mag fed guns I’ve probably got 60 to 70 total of various types. My worst representation is my Savage.308. Only have 2 for that. I’d like to get a couple of Snyder’s 10 rounders for it but at $120/each that will take a while. A pair of 4 rounders will have to do for now.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Oh I get it and wasn’t trying to bag in you for not having enough. As you say it’s s decent start. Between all my mag fed guns I’ve probably got 60 to 70 total of various types. My worst representation is my Savage.308. Only have 2 for that. I’d like to get a couple of Snyder’s 10 rounders for it but at $120/each that will take a while. A pair of 4 rounders will have to do for now.

Good god, $120 for a ten round 308?! And I thought P320 mags were expensive at $35/piece...

MojoNixon

Established
Good god, $120 for a ten round 308?! And I thought P320 mags were expensive at $35/piece...
They take a stock Savage mag and weld on a big enough piece of a G3 mag to give you 10 rounds then refinish the whole thing. It’s a lot of tedious work. They do 15 round .223 mags.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
They take a stock Savage mag and weld on a big enough piece of a G3 mag to give you 10 rounds then refinish the whole thing. It’s a lot of tedious work. They do 15 round .223 mags.

Ah, that would explain it. I'm relatively unfamiliar with bolt rifles and associated accessories