Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Got an update from my gunsmith, sounds like he's been inundated with work requests lately so it's going to take a few weeks before he gets to my pistol. The waiting game begins...

Default.mp3

Established
Oh, as for the P320 variants, y'all should check out PMM's X-COMP:
dsc04813_orig.jpg

dsc04830_orig.jpg

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/pmm-custom-firearms.html

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_1919.JPG

Old picture from before dropping the gun off with my 'smith. Holster is a Trex Arms Sidecar. Unfortunately due to the length of the fullsize grip with magwell and magazine extensions, combined with my stick-thin build, it doesnt conceal as well as I'd like. Soon I will probably be looking into a Tier 1 Concealed Agis holster, as it's my understanding the flex point between the pistol and mag carrier is more conducive to concealing larger pistols.

In addition, I have a pancake style OWB holster and a Safariland QLS-compatible holster for my war belt coming from QVO Tactical. Having options is always good...

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Soon I will probably be looking into a Tier 1 Concealed Agis holster, as it's my understanding the flex point between the pistol and mag carrier is more conducive to concealing larger pistols. [...] In addition, I have a pancake style OWB holster and a Safariland QLS-compatible holster for my war belt coming from QVO Tactical. Having options is always good...

Please update us with your findings on the QVO and the T1C. I've been looking at both of them recently but can't afford to buy something that I don't love. I also currently run a T-Rex Arms holster and want to upgrade.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Please update us with your findings on the QVO and the T1C. I've been looking at both of them recently but can't afford to buy something that I don't love. I also currently run a T-Rex Arms holster and want to upgrade.

I'll definitely post my thoughts once I get each. The QVO holster was ordered a few weeks ago, and based on their lead time I should have it in the next couple of weeks.

The T1C will have to wait a bit - Some other unexpected expenses have drained my gun- and equipment-purchasing funds for now...

MojoNixon

Established
I'm not seeing any missing posts from the first page?
Somehow you got put on my ignore list, and no one is on that list. I've never put anyone on it, at least not on purpose. It was all your posts that I wasn't seeing. Hmmm. Weird. Problem solved by purposely hitting the unignore button.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Plans changed and I was able to get the pistol today! The loctite on the comp is drying overnight, by tomorrow this beast will be ready to shoot...

IMG_1935.JPG

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_1966.JPG

Just got back from the range and burning through about 300 rounds, including a mix of 115, 124, 147, in both JHP and FMJ for each different weight. Some things I can report;

- The comp works as advertised - It seems to like hot 124s the best as that seemed to give the least amount of muzzle flip, but it ran all of the 115/124/147/FMJ/JHP rounds just fine as long as I did my part

- The gun as configured dislikes limp-wristing and had issues cycling 65gr Inceptor ARX ammo (I didn't expect it to cycle, I was just using it as an outlier in my testing to see where the limits of the system are). When I gripped the gun properly and used non-gimmick ammo, the gun ran flawlessly

- This is the flattest shooting pistol I've ever owned - The only gun I've shot that was any flatter was a factory stock STI open gun in 38Super, but I didn't expect a minor PF 9mm with a two-port compensator to be better than that

- I absolutely love this gun!

IMG_1969.jpg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
OH one other quick note - I shot the gun to the point the compensator was too hot to touch, but it stayed rock solid right where it was supposed to be. I will keep an eye on it during further testing but as of now it looks like properly cleaning the threads and whichever formulation of loctite Springer sends with the comp is enough to do the job...

MojoNixon

Established
My TBRC comp has a distinct preference for 124 gr NATO Spec ammo. Shoots very flat with it. It also runs well with standard pressure 147 gr HST (P9HST2).

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I'll be interested to see how the comp works with some 124 +P rounds. I had intended to compare some standard pressure ammo to some +P and +P+ loads in the same grain, but the range was out of anything other than standard pressure of any bullet weight. Just means I'll be making another trip to the range very soon.

I was happy to see that the gun still functions with bulk 115gr FMJ, I would've been disappointed if it only ran on expensive hollow points. I certainly can afford to feed it some hot defensive loads when I want to but it's nice to know I won't have to exclusively run the pricey stuff in order for it to function