Photonis Tubes help

Hello,
I'm looking for some insight on photonis tubes, I'm in canada so ITAR is screwing me with basically the majority of the NVG market which leaves me basically photonis.

anyways, I have the possibility to get some PVS-31's from GSCI with Photonis tubes ranging from the G3, XR5, and G4 tubes.

I'm wanting to know if the Gen 3 are worthwhile or I spend the extra money on the XR5 or G4 tubes instead.

NVG's I'm looking at right now. I could also get DTNVG's direct from ACT
http://www.nvoptics.com/pvs-31c-mod.html

TNVC_Augee

Vendor
Gen. 3 is still going to give you the best performance in very dark conditions, though I can't say I've ever messed with Photonis Gen. 3 tubes specifically.

~Augee

shoobe01

Established
Don't suppose your supplier (or a dealer) is within driving distance? Putting them on your own head is the best way.

I know a couple who have gone so far as to rent NODs they were thinking of buying (for a specific event to really try them out) to make sure before they dumped the purchase cost. Ask about that if driving to see them is not plausible.

Gen. 3 is still going to give you the best performance in very dark conditions, though I can't say I've ever messed with Photonis Gen. 3 tubes specifically.

~Augee
thanks, that helps, I actually inquired with ACT direct and the 4g photonis tubes ran about 24k Canadian dollars in their DTNVG's, if the 3G tubes are good enough I'll save the ~10k
Don't suppose your supplier (or a dealer) is within driving distance? Putting them on your own head is the best way.

I know a couple who have gone so far as to rent NODs they were thinking of buying (for a specific event to really try them out) to make sure before they dumped the purchase cost. Ask about that if driving to see them is not plausible.
I'll have to inquire with the company to see if they stock them, or if anyone in the province does at least and take a day trip