Warbelt setups

FOG

Coyote brown with D ring, size small (based on some reviews saying they run large).

BTW, I never even received a confirmation email from AWS. The first and only response was from FEDEX.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

BadMaster

I've gone through a couple evolutions over the years. I had various belts that were similar to the HSGI sure grip which were great in the flight suit era, but when we switched to Crye, the fact that I had to put it over the belt holding up my pants annoyed me. I went on a search for a decent two belt platform that I liked. This past fall I was looking for a home rig, and going back and forth between the Ronin Tactics senshi belt or the new Gcode. I ended up getting a screaming deal on the new gcode war belt that came with two pistol mag pouches, two rifle mag pouches, a detachable IFAK and a RTI hanger. While I appreciate RTI hanger, I didn't want to use it, as I prefer my holster to have a single strap and a slight drop. I switched it out for a safariland hanger and DO holster. If I'm running this belt, it means I'm not carrying concealed. Which means I'll be wearing combat pants, so I have places for other items, like a folding blade, additional med items, flashlight,maps/admin/cell phone etc.

While this is my personal set up, I experimented with this rig at work along with my plate carrier (which has my 152 pouch, rifle mag pouches, etc) at a range day this past Monday. What I found - it worked great. I threw on a dump pouch between the rifle mag pouch and the IFAK and got to training. If I were to run this full time, I would probably remove a rifle pouch to make room for something else. The hook and loop portion stayed firmly in place, and I never felt the belt shift like I had experienced with a double belt system. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the performance, easy of use, and KISS approach for the belt, and to have it delivered pretty much ready to go is great.
View attachment 1583

How stiff is that G-code belt? can you compare it to anything like an Ares Gear duty belt or Ranger Belt?

Joe _K

Established
2af65fae961e03363b87a439016aea67.jpg
fd5b34a44cbcc72241744641716849af.jpg

I am not LE, just a prior active duty Infantry and Security Force Marine. This is my training/SHTF/range belt setup. I do not have my holster attached as I am between holsters after changing up my handgun setup. I have a dump pouch that I take on and off as needed, as well as a fixed blade knife in a sheath.

I find the ELS belt to provide a good balance between being a rigid yet flexible base to carry the gear I need. While directly attaching the mag pouches may not be modular for some, I have chosen to at a minimum carry 2 handgun mags and 1 rifle mag and like that they are always in the same position. I have added a Racheting Buckle. I need to invest in a new inner loop Velcro belt as my First Spear belt has given up the ghost.

The Safariland Pistol mag pouches will hold 15-33 round double stack mags, flashlights, or multi tools. The Safariland rifle mag pouch will carry 20-40 round mags and provides adjustable and positive retention without worrying about bungees or flaps.

My Blowout kit holds a Z packed Quick Colt, A SOF-T-W tourniquet and compact double occlusive dressing, the UBL with QLS let’s me swap between holsters and handgun types and setups easily. It is made from a Specter Gear buttstock magazine pouch, and stays attached when I need it to while allowing me to easily remove it with either hand.

The Surefire Flashlight pouch may get replaced in the near future by something that lets me carry bezel down. And I have plenty of left over real estate to add pouches.

Critiques and recommendations appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VTAC Brokos belt with HSGI inner belt (different than pictured), 2x HSGI Double Decker Tacos, HSGI rolly dump pouch, ITS Fat Boy IFAK (with Gerber pouch attached), holster made locally

ETA: I have a set of Crye suspenders that I thought I'd like using, but they just haven't proven to be as useful as expected.

Attachments

• belt.jpg
    belt.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 132

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Battle belt.jpg

here is my setup, this is more for two gun then anything and yeah I know the holster sucks but its a pain in the ass to find anything for a CZ much less something with retention so I don't dump the thing crawling around or something

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Safariland GLS.

Forgive my ignorance, but they got a Molle compatible system?

I have a Blade Tech with belt loops that I use for USPSA and I got the blade tech Molle-lok system, but I put that on my belt and in my first carbine class I went to draw and one of the two little set screws holding the mounting hardware to the pistol had a ballistic separation.

I have a Blade Tech with belt loops that I use for USPSA and I got the blade tech Molle-lok system, but I put that on my belt and in my first carbine class I went to draw and one of the two little set screws holding the mounting hardware to the pistol had a ballistic separation.

Not directly from Safariland but you can use Holster extender GRT from S&S. and their MOLLE track

https://www.sandsprecision.com/weapon-retention/holster-extender-grt.html

https://www.sandsprecision.com/gear-retention-track/smr-molle-adapter.html

I know they cost sooo much it won't make much sense.
If that is the case you can look into using just the track, and using the Chinese copy of the GRT.
Strength wise Chinese airsoft copy wasn't the problem rather strength was the problem.
So it won't break away from you if things go wrong.

therefore, depending on why you need it you might be able to get away with the chinese copy.
but if you are in a situation where you might be getting tumble dried in MRAP or Helis I would look for another system

Joe _K

Established
Safariland GLS.

Yes. Safariland sells one for $14.
https://www.safariland.com/products...molle-adapter-tma-tactical_molle_adapter.html

“Don’t go slow, be careful” - Jedi

ammomfg

View attachment 2229

here is my setup, this is more for two gun then anything and yeah I know the holster sucks but its a pain in the ass to find anything for a CZ much less something with retention so I don't dump the thing crawling around or something

BDS/TAG both make a "universal fit" holster that uses an adjustable suspension system. It's very similar to the ancient drop-leg holsters the US military used to issue, but it's got molle directly on the back of the holster. In a vehicle rig, I run the holster on my plate carrier, and in a war-belt config I run it on a drop-leg adapter.

War-Belt.jpg

Here's my config. (older photo) I ran the back slick for a long time to get into and out of the car easier. I've since added a few things, and moved things down a bit. The pouches next to the holster used to carry a combat dressing and my multi-tool, are now in the center of my back, and I moved the holster out towards the ends. I'm a bigger guy (6'8, ~42" belt) I have since replaced this (Tac-Tailor MPB) with a longer Tac-Tailor MPB (size large) which gives me about 6" more of molle that's actually long enough to wrap the padded section over the front of my pelvis. This makes it stay up a lot better, and it's much more comfortable to wear.

Low_Speed_Notper8or

BDS/TAG both make a "universal fit" holster that uses an adjustable suspension system. It's very similar to the ancient drop-leg holsters the US military used to issue, but it's got molle directly on the back of the holster. In a vehicle rig, I run the holster on my plate carrier, and in a war-belt config I run it on a drop-leg adapter.

View attachment 2276

Here's my config. (older photo) I ran the back slick for a long time to get into and out of the car easier. I've since added a few things, and moved things down a bit. The pouches next to the holster used to carry a combat dressing and my multi-tool, are now in the center of my back, and I moved the holster out towards the ends. I'm a bigger guy (6'8, ~42" belt) I have since replaced this (Tac-Tailor MPB) with a longer Tac-Tailor MPB (size large) which gives me about 6" more of molle that's actually long enough to wrap the padded section over the front of my pelvis. This makes it stay up a lot better, and it's much more comfortable to wear.

Nice Setup, being a larger guy myself (6'3 and 44 inch belt) finding gear is a bit interesting. I will look into setting up a belt like you did.

Though are those universal holsters safe and actually have good retention? I like to carry a CZ or hi power locked and cocked and I don't want something bouncing around and bumping the safety. Also you seem like a lanky dude, but I have a long torso and short arms and I don't care for the drop leg style, can you mount the holster directly on the belt? And also it kinda seems strange but from USPSA I found having the holster more towards the front of the hip works a bit better.

So with this rig are you running your rifle reloads off the chest?

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Not directly from Safariland but you can use Holster extender GRT from S&S. and their MOLLE track

https://www.sandsprecision.com/weapon-retention/holster-extender-grt.html

https://www.sandsprecision.com/gear-retention-track/smr-molle-adapter.html

I know they cost sooo much it won't make much sense.
If that is the case you can look into using just the track, and using the Chinese copy of the GRT.
Strength wise Chinese airsoft copy wasn't the problem rather strength was the problem.
So it won't break away from you if things go wrong.

therefore, depending on why you need it you might be able to get away with the chinese copy.
but if you are in a situation where you might be getting tumble dried in MRAP or Helis I would look for another system
IDK, Im not going to get tumble dried in a MRAP, but I don't want to be shooting a stage and go prone or something and have a cheap airsoft holster break off and DQ

What would you guys make of having custom kydex for a dead nuts reliable rig?

ammomfg

Nice Setup, being a larger guy myself (6'3 and 44 inch belt) finding gear is a bit interesting. I will look into setting up a belt like you did.

Though are those universal holsters safe and actually have good retention? I like to carry a CZ or hi power locked and cocked and I don't want something bouncing around and bumping the safety. Also you seem like a lanky dude, but I have a long torso and short arms and I don't care for the drop leg style, can you mount the holster directly on the belt? And also it kinda seems strange but from USPSA I found having the holster more towards the front of the hip works a bit better.

So with this rig are you running your rifle reloads off the chest?

I've been using that holster for... I think 9 (give or take a few years) years at this point, I bought it shortly after acquiring my second pistol (an IMI Jericho, CZ-75 based) for which none of the 1911 style holsters I had would fit.

I've yet to have an issue with retention, I use the same holster with both the Jericho and now an FNX with a TLR-3 attached. The only complaint I've had is with lower drop-leg setups (like mid-thigh) is that if you're getting on the ground in the sand, you get dirt in the gun. Since I went over to a higher hip-height setup, that hasn't been an issue.

I do regularly flip over the extra velcro strap, but I've done tons of hiking, running, 3/4-gun, etc and never had a retention problem.

And yes, I do run rifle reloads on a plate carrier. A few years ago, I did a group buy for my group, and we all got level III PE plates, after a scary experience at a police demo event, I started wearing armor whenever I was at the range, and pretty soon everyone else followed suit, so we've been running "armored" class for years now. In the heat, in the cold, wear your armor.

Kinda the main thing, a lot of us have had all the kit (guns, ammo, tactical nylon, armor) but how often do you get out and use it. Got tired of dealing with the OMM (old man mafia) at the local range and joined a new club who kinda lets us run wild. To beat the heat we run most of our events at night through summer.

MuskokaJoe

I'm relatively new to the war belt concept. I've had most of this equipment for just shy of two years. The brokos for just under a year. Here's where I'm at so far. Please lay on constructive criticism. Would love to hear new ideas. Tyr gunfighter looped into a Tyr brokos with ballistic pad. Tyr happy mag pouches pistol and carbine. Tyr small cutaway IFAK pouch.

I tried to place the pistol mag pouches in the same location as where they are located on my duty belt for work, so they're a ways forward on this belt and are actually molle'd to the gunfighter belt as apposed to the brokos. And I tried to put the CAT in a location I could get at with either hand. Raven Phantom looped onto the Gunfighter...

IMG_3775.jpgIMG_3776.jpgIMG_3779.jpgIMG_3780 (1).jpg

JLL2013

Watching Chuck's video was weird...we had most of the same conclusions.
Highlights:
Inner/outer is the way to go. I used to rock the Crye blast belt and while I did appreciate the support its just very bulky.
HSGI Tacos fit everything. If I'm playing with 1911s or Glocks, savage AKs or M4s I don't need to mess with my gear.
Similarly the UBL+one strap+QLS+whatever holster I want is great. Only downside is the 6004 models with althe bail sit higher so they necessitate a long UBL for proper drop...no perfect kit.
A+ to blue force gear. Their baby hideaway dump pouch meets the requirements Chuck had with his chalk bags. I love the minimal real estate it takes up and the fact that if I don't need it it isn't there.
Tourniquet behind the hip is key, if its range games a mpre conplete kit is nearby if its real world an IFAK usually replaces the tourniquet or goes on the plate carrier.

Attachments

• 20180503_170717-1.jpg
    20180503_170717-1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 192

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_2132.JPG

Guess I'll add to this thread as well. Details and explanation can be found in my Project: Nemesis thread, or feel free to ask questions here and I'll answer/explain what I can