Carbine and Rifle Show Off Thread!

Dpvaz56

Is that in 556?

Yes. I had a 300BO 9" upper previously (back when I had the 12.5" 5.56" upper) but I decided that the extract cost in training ammunition wasn't worth the extra shortness of 300BO (nor did I have a can at the time either). So I sold the BO upper and split the difference by going to a 10.3" 5.56 rifle. Like I said, I'm happy with it for what I wanted but I'll probably get a 11.5" or 12.5" upper for my next one.

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Yes. I had a 300BO 9" upper previously (back when I had the 12.5" 5.56" upper) but I decided that the extract cost in training ammunition wasn't worth the extra shortness of 300BO (nor did I have a can at the time either). So I sold the BO upper and split the difference by going to a 10.3" 5.56 rifle. Like I said, I'm happy with it for what I wanted but I'll probably get a 11.5" or 12.5" upper for my next one.
What kind of ammo are you running with it?

IDK, I really wonder what the terminal effect of 5.56 would be in such a short barrel

Dpvaz56

What kind of ammo are you running with it?

IDK, I really wonder what the terminal effect of 5.56 would be in such a short barrel

Whatever 55gr I can get my hands on for training but my self defense Ammo is Barnes 70gr TSX. Spoke to some friends in the SOF community and that’s what they recommended as what worked best out of their Mk18s.

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Whatever 55gr I can get my hands on for training but my self defense Ammo is Barnes 70gr TSX. Spoke to some friends in the SOF community and that’s what they recommended as what worked best out of their Mk18s.
Sounds like some good stuff

Didnt Jordan and the Saudi Royal Guards or some other kebab country adopt 6.8SPC with some pet load from Speer for short barrel guns?

Dpvaz56

Sounds like some good stuff

Didnt Jordan and the Saudi Royal Guards or some other kebab country adopt 6.8SPC with some pet load from Speer for short barrel guns?

Yeah, Saudi Arabia uses LWRCI 6.8 PDWs, it's part of the reason why Federal was able to create .224 Valkyrie for cheap because they were already supporting a 6.8 SPC contract with the Saudis so they had all the tooling necessary (I'm paraphrasing, they go into better detail than I).

Pearce

Amateur
Alright all play.
Top: BCM BFH 16in with MCMR, Surefire DF Scout in an Arisaka mount, Steiner P4Xi in a G mount and Aero lower with an SSA trigger.

Bottom: BCM BFH 14.5 with KMR, Surefire Fury in an Arisaka mount, Aimpoint T-1 in Larue mount, BCM lower with an SSA trigger.

CodyY

308 Aero Precision set I caught on sale last summer was already pre- cerakoted as a builder kit. Everything was picked up on sale/pomo, black friday, or wholesale via my ffl buddy.
Aero lpk
Aero nitrided bolt
Aero carbine buffer kit
Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile 16" stainless barrel (included gasblock and midlength tube)
Larue MBT trigger
Larue Furniture
Larue Lt104 mount
Larue Tranquilo brake/can mount
Magpul MS4 padded sling
Cheapo Harris style Bipod (Caldwell I think)
Sig Tango 4 3-12x-42 bdc reticle

So far it runs like a champ, but only 200ish rounds. I built it to fill a hole in my meager collection, and wanted a do-all AR10 for that 100-500 yd range on hogs and (who the fuck am I kidding) just for the hell of it. I'm not a professional trigger puller, so I like nice stuff but it doesn't have to be "duty grade" in my application. YMMV

Recently i ran this one in a local PRS club match and had an absolute blast. Even not knowing my dope well, I just showed up to learn and get some trigger time. Made hits out to a new personal best of 813yd with cheapo 150gr FMJ. I've got an assortment of match ammo to test but haven't had time to get out yet.

I need to swap out the 104 mount for the lower height and dont need the extended length for this gun so I'll swap to the LT120 for proper cheekweld

All-in with sling bipod and 5 Pmags, I've got $1523 in the whole rig and couldn't be happier.

cf98d01673afb31f066958f7a2040e19.jpg
720b331c83be7730907233aa8e322ee2.jpg
ba67f0c513d71acfd99ef3aed530f8d4.jpg
f13ecd57d18ea6d6d36cac174ea19947.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Martin545

Seekins SP223
Faxon 14.5” gunner barrel
Geissele flat trigger
13” BCM MLOK rail
Still saving up for the Nightforce NX8.

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
this gun looks like something from star wars. What muzzle device is that and what is its intended purpose besides supporting the empire.

Not VM, but it is the PWS CQB muzzle device. It comes on (to my understanding) all of their 7.5 guns as well as being available for sale. It is essentially a single baffle suppressor in look. The front cap comes off for cleaning, and it is similar to the 4 piece Krink brake or the Noveske flaming pig (with the addition of a flash hiding tines on the front).

Stobocor

bcm 14.5.jpgBCM 11.5.jpg
Top:
BCM 14.5 Pinned with a Silencerco flashider
B5 Sopmod enhanced
Vortex Razor HD Gen 2-E 1-6 on an Aero Precision mount
Magpul pro irons (rear is currently off due to the new addition of the Razor)
HSP sling

Bottom:
BCM 11.5 Started life as a pistol, then stamped to a SBR
MRO on a Larue QD mount
Surefire m600df with a sr07 tape switch
Silencerco Omega using the Area 419 system
Ferro Concepts sling