Other than Glock Roland?

Anyone ever had any positives or negatives toward a comp/rmr/etc build on any other striker fire platform other than a Glock? I know it’s been done, just curious what are your thoughts on it?

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Also Im curious why could this not be applied to something like a CZ-P01? You combine that comp and red dot with a heavier gun and really fine cajun gunworks single action trigger and you can get something that you can carry but also run in a battle belt and absolutely slay in USPSA carry optics

RustyM92

Amateur
Thought about doing it to my Walther PPQ M1, but the RMR cut was too expensive to justify the cost. Maybe if and when they offer the TAC Q4 slides, I may give it a shot, but I don't have the funds or time to dink around with it any time soon.
I think that's the major negative to using a non-Glock base. There's plenty of great candidates that can be done at a price, but sometimes the slide designs (like the PPQ) aren't ideal, there's a lack of aftermarket support, parts are too scarce or expensive.
Sure, there's guns you could tweek that would probably be better in the end, but you have to consider the price and work in justifying it. Glocks are so simple in design, easily modified, and cheap to upgrade that while any other platform may characteristically be better, I would venture to guess you'd only eek out marginal improvements over a Glock. Just my $0.02.

SCSU74

The 320 x carry seems perfect for it (already cut for optic and comes with flat trigger).. I did it with a regular 320 compact, but have since sold it. Springer makes a great short comp and you can buy the threaded barrel directly from Sig.

Default.mp3

Established
Holsters become the main hurdle, particularly retention holsters. I use a SureFire Masterfire for my H&K P30LS with RMR and comp for retention, a JMCK custom one-off for CCW. I'm still not convinced the micro comps actually have any real performance gains on my end, but I keep them on my guns anyway.

Other than that, I don't really see why it would be any different than the Glock. Micro comps are fairly plentiful these days, and RMR mounting can be done on almost any gun (though quality will obviously be variable, depending on the shop).

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Holsters become the main hurdle, particularly retention holsters. I use a SureFire Masterfire for my H&K P30LS with RMR and comp for retention, a JMCK custom one-off for CCW. I'm still not convinced the micro comps actually have any real performance gains on my end, but I keep them on my guns anyway.

Other than that, I don't really see why it would be any different than the Glock. Micro comps are fairly plentiful these days, and RMR mounting can be done on almost any gun (though quality will obviously be variable, depending on the shop).

So Im curious, why would you keep a micro comp if you don't see much benefit and they can effect reliability?

Default.mp3

Established
So Im curious, why would you keep a micro comp if you don't see much benefit and they can effect reliability?
There is a noticable difference in recoil characteristics when used with hotter ammo, such as Lawman 115 gr or Gold Dot 124 gr +P. I don't see consistent difference on the timer, but it's more pleasant to shoot.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
The 320 x carry seems perfect for it (already cut for optic and comes with flat trigger).. I did it with a regular 320 compact, but have since sold it. Springer makes a great short comp and you can buy the threaded barrel directly from Sig.

The X-Carry is perfect for it;IMG_1818.JPG

JLL2013

I've heard nothing but negative reviews about the Sig MRDS.
I think it has to have an RMR or Leupold at this point.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Awesome! Does that fit in the new Safariland RDS holster? How are you liking the Romeo?

That I don't know. I imagine a lot of new holsters for the P320 platform will be coming out soon. Right now I can confirm that the holsters that do work for it are TRex Arms Sidecar, MIE Productions OWB, and CNC Holsters IWB

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
With this setup you should be able to use any holster meant for a P320 X-Five+X300U, since the compensator extends past the end of the slide by slightly less than an inch and maintains the same overall slide profile. Same way most holsters intended for a G34+X300U will fit a G19 RS with short compensator