VIP
9-14-15

Pistol Practice

SEG

Roland Special

Blazer 9mm 124 gr

All drills from AIWB concealed

2 FAST drills cold - 4.96 & 5.00

B8 25 yard 100 pt - 96 pts. 4 x ring, 3 10 ring, 2 9 ring, 1 8 ring. 8 ring sot was high. I was being impatient and called the shot.

FAST Drill breakdown drills.
Draw 2 to head on a 3x5 card - 1st = 2.01 fastest 1.79. Goal was under 2 consistantly. 10 reps.
Reload 1 - Slidelock aimed on head. On the beep, reload shoot one CM 8 inch circle. 1st = 1.98. fastest = 1.81. Goal consistently in the 1.9X range. 10 reps.

Did another 2 reps of the complete fast drill. 4.89 and 4.91.

For fun practiced 1 shot reps at 5 yards. Also helped to try and pickup speed and get the body to understand what it felt like to do the mechanics to go faster. Par timer set on .8. Target was 8 inch circle at CM.

1st - .99. Fastest - .83

Lesson learned. Getting support hand on gun seems to be most factor. Using RMR as guide at this distance for the target area seems satisfactory. Intial strong hand grip with thumb on rear sight instead of on grip seems faster and more secure.

Finished with blowing out bullseye on 6 inch shoot n see at 15 yards. 10 rounds.

Last edited:

AsianJedi

He likes RDS on pistols.
VIP
Glock 17. Dry Fire practice form competition rig.

Things learned:
On reloads, only move my strong hand enough to press the mag release. for some reason, if I push my palm is forward a bit, reloads are smoother. In addition, I only need to move my strong hand enough to depress the mag release. Any other movement is unnecessary and prevents a smooth reload.

On comp rig, do not put trigger finger pressure on holster. It causes snagging on the draw.

Try and lower head height to match first target. Dot appears quicker under speed.

AsianJedi

He likes RDS on pistols.
VIP
Jam 23, 2017

Worked on speed reloads from comp rig. 1 second par time. Dry fire.

I need to only focus on fresh mag. Stop focusing on gun position and fresh mag. Too much mind. Just worry about driving the fresh mag home.

Are we allowed to post in reply? I just have to say that once I took your advice and started focusing only on getting the fresh mag ready, my reloads have been faster by at least .15 seconds. It seems to simplify things and make the reload less complicated. My right hand seems to know what to do naturally and I don't find myself waiting for the spent magazine to be free of the gun. Thanks for sharing. BTW I saw this tip from you on a YouTube video first, and your training post reminded me.

AsianJedi

He likes RDS on pistols.
VIP
Yeah man, all good. Glad I could help. Be good.

Are we allowed to post in reply? I just have to say that once I took your advice and started focusing only on getting the fresh mag ready, my reloads have been faster by at least .15 seconds. It seems to simplify things and make the reload less complicated. My right hand seems to know what to do naturally and I don't find myself waiting for the spent magazine to be free of the gun. Thanks for sharing. BTW I saw this tip from you on a YouTube video first, and your training post reminded me.

AsianJedi

He likes RDS on pistols.
VIP
On reload practice. Micro drills of only grabbing and indexing the mag correctly.

Say....Grab it / Look on full reloads

AsianJedi

He likes RDS on pistols.
VIP
On El Pres. Steve Anderson setup: Left heel slightly positioned out to the left. Left hand in front of face for clear path to stomach position. Right hand on gun then straight up to ready position.

When facing up range, move your eyes all the way to the right.

On reload, keep the gun pointed toward last target engaged, once reload secure then move the gun to the next target. Ex: Last target on string 1 is T3. Keep gun in direction of T3 to minimize movement. Once reloaded, then move the gun to T1.