Take down pins

Freedom Forged

I have a Stag Arms model 1. From purchase the take down pins are so tight I can't push them out by hand. I have to use a pin punch and a small hammer. Now, don't think I have to drive them out, it just takes something to get them started. I'm glad I have a tight rifle (upper to lower) but other rifles I have I can push the pins out with my fingers or use the tip of a round.

Anyone else have this problem? Would it hurt anything if I polished the pins to make them slide better?
FF

Chris Taylor

Random Factor of the K Power
I wouldn't recommend polishing them. It's easy to take off too much, which would leave the pins too loose, plus they'd be bare metal and more prone to corrosion.

Plus, without seeing it so take it for what it's worth, if they slide easily after they get started, I'd be inclined to think there's a misfit between the detent pin and seat, which wouldn't be alleviated by polishing.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
I have a Stag Arms model 1. From purchase the take down pins are so tight I can't push them out by hand. I have to use a pin punch and a small hammer. Now, don't think I have to drive them out, it just takes something to get them started. I'm glad I have a tight rifle (upper to lower) but other rifles I have I can push the pins out with my fingers or use the tip of a round.

Anyone else have this problem? Would it hurt anything if I polished the pins to make them slide better?
FF
How's that Stag working out for you? I've got a Stag upper and am wondering if there's any big problems I need to be on the lookout for.