Freedom Ammunition

Freedom Forged

Anyone here ever use their .223 reman? I bought 550 rounds because it was on sale. When I got it I realized the primers are not crimped. I was going to use this in some upcoming training but I don't want issues with primers in my trigger assembly. I could shoot a few rounds but primers blowing out is so hit and miss I'm not sure it would tell me anything. I'd have to shoot it all trouble free for me to feel comfortable with it.

So, if anyone here has had any experience with it I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks
FF

adam_s

Freedom at one time had quality issues-Shockey mentions them a few times in various ModCasts. Having not any more info than that, I'll see if I can ping him to hop in here and offer his perspective.

N

nate89

It seems that in response to those QC issues in the past, Freedom really tried to re-brand itself and essentially earn back people's trust. One way (in my opinion only) was to sponsor some high round count tests, like the Ballistic Radio/KAC 20k rifle test.

As far as my personal experience, I don't shoot it because I reload my own for practice, but I see plenty of it come through the range that customers use (probably about 1k of various ammo a week), and I have not seen anything ammo wise that would be concerning, and haven't had anyone come back with gun issues attributed to the ammo.

adam_s

It seems that in response to those QC issues in the past, Freedom really tried to re-brand itself and essentially earn back people's trust. One way (in my opinion only) was to sponsor some high round count tests, like the Ballistic Radio/KAC 20k rifle test.

As far as my personal experience, I don't shoot it because I reload my own for practice, but I see plenty of it come through the range that customers use (probably about 1k of various ammo a week), and I have not seen anything ammo wise that would be concerning, and haven't had anyone come back with gun issues attributed to the ammo.
Thanks for the info Nate!

Default.mp3

Established
I've shot 3030 rounds of Freedom Munitions 115 gr. RN (reman), 999 rounds of Freedom Munitions 115 gr. RN Blaster (reman), and 2573 rounds of Freedom Munitions 115 gr. RN New. I don't really recall any major issues for rounds that could be chambered; I distinctly recall several incidents where the round itself would not chamber, due to deformities in the brass itself, or else the round was obviously experiencing setback that could be seen while loading (probably between five and ten incidents total?). I've heard enough issues through the grapevine to decide to skip over them and just go for bulk factory ammo from other vendors (that, and their reman prices were starting to meet new factory ammo prices anyway at their brick & mortar store, due to taxes).

Freedom Forged

Thanks Nate!

CHAOS16

Recently had a case separation upon firing through a SCAR. Was firing less than 500 rounds. Looks like they reloaded a bad/old piece of brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom Forged

I had a blown primer lock up my AR15 during a range session. It was a 62 gr. PSP .223 new manufactured round. I have bought over 1000 rounds of various .223 and 5.56 rounds from Freedom Munitions, however I won't buy anymore with the cost of Federal's XM193, American Eagle .223, and PMC's .223 rounds from various online suppliers.

https://primaryandsecondary.com/forum/index.php?threads/blown-primer-during-range-day.1282/

Thanks KM. FM's prices were great when they first got started but their reman prices are near to new prices of the manufacturer's you mention.
FF

Gregory

Anyone here ever use their .223 reman? I bought 550 rounds because it was on sale. When I got it I realized the primers are not crimped. I was going to use this in some upcoming training but I don't want issues with primers in my trigger assembly. I could shoot a few rounds but primers blowing out is so hit and miss I'm not sure it would tell me anything. I'd have to shoot it all trouble free for me to feel comfortable with it.

So, if anyone here has had any experience with it I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks
FF
I have read nothing but negative reviews regarding Freedom Ammunition. Don't confuse them with FREEDOM MUNITIONS which I have fired several thousand rounds, various calibers, with zero issues.