Medical Provider Roll Call

pfdr1991

Former regular ass 68W1P (EMT-B), honorably discharged as of August. Currently pulling teeth with the CA EMS bureaucracy to start working civ 911 calls while I finish my degree (med school eventually). I was a platoon medic for a pathfinder team with 1 afg deployment.

doctorrich

Veterinarian here. Small animal, exotic, some large animal... google "USDA Plum Island" and "USAMRIID." BTDT. Hit me with any questions and I'll do my best to help.

Steindor

Active duty Navy Corpsman here. 3 years, 2 deployments with an infantry battalion, currently stuck in a clinic. Awesome to see the diversity of experience in here.

WhiskeyDeltaGulf

Staff member
Ten years as an infantryman (mostly recce). Remustered to the RCMS just after 911 knowing it was the best way to get deployments.

Primary Care Paramedic, Wilderness Medicine, Rescue Diver, Advanced Emergency Care Paramedic, TCCC, TCCC Instructor, First Aid ( including Oxygen provider and AED) instructor, ATLS, ACLS, Dive Medicine, completed CTOMS TacMed program twice. UNMC Physician Assistant course with CCPA certification.

Senior Instructor at CTOMS

SFPD2010

Amateur
EMT-B in a 911 system. As soon as I get my wife through nursing school I plan to enroll in Medic school. In the mean time I'm just trying to get as much field experience and book knowledge as I can.

TomF

EMT-B in a 911 system. As soon as I get my wife through nursing school I plan to enroll in Medic school. In the mean time I'm just trying to get as much field experience and book knowledge as I can.
Is Paramedic your end goal?

SFPD2010

Amateur
Is Paramedic your end goal?

Not sure yet. I'm intrigued by some articles I saw about critical care medics and their role in the community paramedicine. There are a few hospital/departments working together in my area now but it's really to early to tell how well it is going to work. But I've also thought about P.A. School, but I'm not completely sure how I feel about it.

Suggestions?

Tore Haugli

Staff member
11 years active duty in the Norwegian mil, mostly infantry and recon. TCCC qualified Combat Medic, Army Basic First Aid instructor, Army Advanced First Aid assistant instructor (only registered nurses and MD's can be lead instructors for that course).
Two deployments as team medic (Kosovo and Afghanistan).

TomF

Not sure yet. I'm intrigued by some articles I saw about critical care medics and their role in the community paramedicine. There are a few hospital/departments working together in my area now but it's really to early to tell how well it is going to work. But I've also thought about P.A. School, but I'm not completely sure how I feel about it.

Suggestions?
The reason I ask is because I know a lot of people who went to medic because it was the next step in line, but it wasn't their end goal. If you can afford to go directly to RN, NP, PA or whatever, I'd just do that.

I went on to medic so I could start working and chip away at RN as I go. It would be cheaper and faster to go to nursing school, but I couldn't afford to go to nursing school full time. Basically, I would suggest against going on to medic just because it comes after EMT. If it makes sense, do it, but if don't waste time there if it isn't what you want to do.

That's not to discourage you from it, I really enjoy being a medic. I just have a lot of coworkers who for one reason or another got stuck in EMS and are way behind the curve to do something else. Food for thought.

Sasage

Suggestions?
Not to discourage you but I would try and spend time in the area/field of nursing you want to focus on. Just make sure its something you want to do.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Al M.

EMT with expanded skills under Johns Hopkins Special Operations - Law Enforcement Medicine. One on 70 Tac-Medics for my agency for the last 6 years.

M6B

I am a paramedic and serve as a tactical medic on a multi-agency SWAT team. Our medics make entry with the stack and clear with everyone else. We are armed and are sworn deputies. Been a paramedic for almost 26 years.

MWL

Vendor
Currently working as a Paramedic and Field Training Paramedic (Instructor) for a provincial ambulance service while running my company.

Formerly worked as an QAT, EMT3, EMT4, Paramedic School Instructor, CBRNe Operative, CBRNe Operational Team Commander, Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) Operative and HART Assistant Team Leader and Acting Team Leader. Did some med stuff way back when in the Military, but more out of necessity, rather than as a dedicated Medic. Also spent some time working for the Red Cross and traveling around the world.

All in all, I've probably been doing this stuff for most of the past 29 years.

Regards.

Mark

YO_Doc

Paramedic here times 21 years. Have a background in civ remote med, 911 urban/suburban and far rural, as well as interfacility transport. Currently working the RW flights end of things in a very rural area where the nearest trauma center is 45-90 minutes by air.