- This event has passed.
Veritac Global – Police Qualification & Advanced Tactics Workshop – 1 day – Victoria, BC
August 14, 2018 @ 08:00 - 16:00 PDT$125
This is a one-day closed workshop for LE/MIL or other agency members only. Designed to go beyond the techniques taught to pass qualifications, this workshop aims to enable members to employ advanced tactics to survive a gunfight.
The first half of the morning will be skills validation by running through the police qualification course of fire. Principles of marksmanship will be emphasized and rehearsed during this phase to improve shooting outcomes.
The rest of the day will cover advanced tactics with fundamentals built on current special operation forces doctrine. Review of Tactical Trauma including TQ application and wound packing will be demonstrated as well as applied. An additional adjunct module will include a brief familiarization with the C8 carbine family of weapons.
Topics to include:
- Breaking contact
- Movement Techniques
- Danger Areas
- Movement to Contact
- Engaging a single and multiple targets with scanning
- Breaking contact (teams)
- Aussie Peel
- Control Bleeding, Tourniquet application
- Dressing application, Wound Packing
- Minimum 300 rounds service pistol ammunition
- Service pistol
- Service carbine (optional)
- Minimum 200 rounds service rifle ammunition (optional)
- Typical on-duty (or training) attire including body armour and plate carrier if issued. If the member is PC role then civilian attire is okay
- Duty Belt and Holster (Serpa or any trigger-finger-actuated holster not permitted)
- Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) including TQ (CAT Gen 7 or SOFT-T recommended)
- Eye and Ear protection
- Hydration, Nutrition
- Recommended: Knee Pads and Gloves
- Recommended: Repair and spare kit, multi-tools, CLP
- Recommended: Paper, Pen and Stuff (PPnS)
About the Instructor:
Jeff is a 20 year veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces having served 11 years with Canada’s elite Counter Terrorist Unit JTF2.
Upon retirement from the CF Jeff worked as a security consultant for another 11 years in the Middle East training foreign local nationals, running Personal Security Details for the Dept. of State, acting as a Counter Action Team (CAT) Commander for the US Embassy, and securing Oil companies through Iraq.
Active in the security field for over 30 years Jeff has been involved with numerous domestic and international operations.
• Small arms training
• Close Quarter Battle (CQB)
• Sniper training
• Personal Security Details and Close Protection
• Counter Terrorist Driving skills
• Perimeter security (embassies, airports, oil/nuclear facilities)
• Marine Counter Terrorism (MCT)
• Aircraft Assault
Recent feedback from our Law Enforcement (RCMP, Calgary SWAT, Sheriff Service, CAF Military Police) :
- “Jeff did a great job taking us (all of us) from different levels and bringing us to the level where we can safely work as a small team”
- “Instructor was aware of the progress students were making and tailored instruction to fit.”
- “The Pistol Weaving drill was outstanding!”
- “Staff provided a great experience. Subject matter was taught at effective level for both experienced shooters and new shooters to this shooting.”
- “The best course I’ve ever taken. Pointed out deficiencies and helped me correct them. Thanks a lot.”
- “Enjoyed stripping away old habits and building from the ground up.”
- “Awesome instruction, can’t wait to work with you guys again.”