- This event has passed.
Tap Rack Tactical – LE/MIL NVG Instructor class – Okanogan, WA
October 8 - October 12$700
LE/MIL NVG INSTRUCTOR CLASS
Hosting agency: Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office (WA)
Date: October 8-12 2018
This course addresses the entire spectrum of Night Vision Training and use from the LEO perspective.
Classroom instruction will cover the Night Vision System and why all components are critical. In addition, special considerations for LE during SWAT missions as well as recommended policy and practices.
Range drills will expose weaknesses and strengths of using night vision for slow clears to hostage rescue and will cover the following:
- Comparative contrast between current NV and laser systems
- Understanding the importance of power as it relates to photonic barriers
- Zeroing procedures
- I2 engagements of low and high percentage threat zones
- I2 to white light transitions
- How engagement and application under NVG’s varies when shooting around intermediate barriers and barricades
Officer Performance Objectives:
- Students will be able to understand the importance of every facet of the night vision “as a system” and articulate the appropriate requirements to their chain of command.
- They will be able to zero and explain various zeroing techniques to their peers.
- Integration into team training and missions regardless of TTP’s.
- Officers will have a better understanding of the advantages of tactical police operations conducted within the Near IR (I2) spectrum.
Bill Blowers has served in the US Army for 6 years and has been a Police Officer for over 25 years. He has spent the bulk of his LE career assigned to SWAT holding positions as a Sniper, Ballistic Shield Man, Mechanical/Ballistic Breacher, Assistant Team Leader and Team Leader on a large and busy regional SWAT team.
He has planned or participated in approximately 1500 missions, he has over 5000 hours of documented training time, and holds instructor certifications in a variety of SWAT related topics.
Bill’s is passionate about what he does and is driven to provide relevant and up to date training.
***Due to the nature of the subject matter, this course is restricted to LE and military members***
SureFire Field Notes Ep. 2, Night Vision Transitions with Bill Blowers-
For questions on the course/local area contact the host Stefan Wolak at-