- This event has passed.
Talon Defense, Injured Shooter, Asheville, North Carolina
April 14, 2018 @ 08:00 - April 15, 2018 @ 17:00 MDT$350
This mentally intensive and physically demanding course focuses on shooting and manipulating the handgun & carbine with a single hand. Both primary and support side shooting and manipulations will be covered extensively. The entire course will limit the student to conduct all techniques using only a single hand. Flat range drills will cover safely drawing, presenting, shooting & manipulating the handgun with each hand before covering deployment of the carbine with similar drills. Magazine changes, malfunction clearances and transitions will be covered.
The training will culminate into drills that require the student to solve complex problems with both weapons. This course requires moderate physical activity and the participant should be in good physical condition.
- Rules of safe tactics
- Make ready procedures
- Administrative task
- Handgun deployment/single hand(s)
- Empty reloads
- Malfunction clearances (immediate & remedial)
- Carbine deployment/single hand(s)
- Empty reloads
- Malfunction clearances
- Stress drills
- Quality handgun w/ 3 magazines minimum
- Quality, sturdy support equpment for handgun to include; belt, holster, magazine pouches, ect.
- Quality carbine w/ minimum 3 magazines & sling.
- Support equipment that allows secure carry of extra carbine magazines.
- 500 rounds handgun
- 500 rounds carbine
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
Sign Ups Through Talon Defense Website