Steve “Yeti” Fisher Essential Carbine McLoud, OK
March 30 - March 31$450
ESSENTIAL CARBINE EMPLOYMENT
March 30, 2019 @ 9:00 am – March 31, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
Course Fee: $450
Range Fee: $25/Day (Payable to range at check-in prior to class)
An entry-level course where students are familiarized with their rifles. This class is geared toward those with training outside the basic classes from novice to the intermediate shooter, looking to tune up their foundational carbine skills. Even at this early level we expect students to have an understanding of various methods of reloading, weapon manipulation and most importantly muzzle awareness and safety.
THIS COURSE WILL THOROUGHLY COVER
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- Different optics and accessories
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Recoil control
- Timed graded quals and drills
- Sight picture electronic optics
- Proper zero and confirmation of them. (Range dependent on distance)
- Use of the sling for supported shooting
- Use of body supported shootng positions
- Trigger control
- Speed reloads
- Tactical reloads
- Malfunctions of the rifle
- Different shooting positions
- Carbine ready positions
- and more…
- A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51.
- If available, spare carbine is also an excellent idea.
- A sling for the rifle.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- IFAK and/or Tourniquet.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- A minimum of 600 rounds of rifle ammunition.
- PLEASE ARRIVE TO CLASS WITH MAGAZINES ALREADY LOADED.
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s).
- Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines for the rifle.
- Handheld flashlight and or weapons mounted light.
DIRECTIONS & ACCOMIDATIONS
- Range location, local hotels, directions from Will Rogers Airport
- Corporate rate with the Grand Casino, just mention you are taking/instructing a class at MeadHall Range when booking. Good rooms, $109 a night, literally 3 miles from range and right on highway. Only caveat is it is Tribal land so you are supposed to keep any firearms cased/locked on the way in and out.