Scott Jedlinski / Modern Samurai Project / TTPOA (Dallas Section) 2-Day Red Dot Pistol: Fundamentals and Performance / Rockwall, TX / August 1-2, 2019
August 1 @ 08:45 - August 2 @ 17:00 MDT$350.00
Texas Tactical Police Officers Association Members Only
LOCATION TBD Rockwall PD Range
Introduction: Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular as options for carry and duty weapons. Part of mastery is training – here it is!
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25-yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• The benefits of target/threat focus for CCW and LEO. See more. Process more. Adapt faster. Make less mistakes. Be more accurate.
• Red dots at distance
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
• Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Match/For Realz Mode.
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
-Slide mounted red dot pistol.
-The ability to carry 3 mags (1 in gun, 2 in pouches).
-Good holster of student’s choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
-600+ rounds of reliable ammo.
-Eye pro, Ear pro.