- This event has passed.
Scott Jedlinski / Modern Samurai Project / Red Dot Pistol: Fundamentals and Performance 2 Day Course / Amherst, Ohio (NOTTC) / May 5-6, 2020 **LE ONLY**
May 5 @ 08:45 - May 6 @ 17:00 MDT$360.00
Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular (again) as options for carry weapons. Part of mastery is training – here it is!
Prerequisites: Must have already taken a fundamental class by a vetted instructor. Student should be able to clear Dot Torture drill at 3 yards
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• Red dots at distance
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
• Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Match/Real Mode.
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
• Why you should compete
• Mini match to test skills
An opportunity to test for the Black Belt Patch.
Slide mounted red dot pistol.
The ability to carry 3 mags (1 in gun, 2 in pouches).
Good holster of student’s choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
1000 rounds of reliable ammo.
Eye pro, Ear pro.
*Refunds will only be made if the class is canceled. If a student cannot attend the class they signed up for, they will be given a credit to another class of comparable value.
*Range fee is $30 per day per student. Payable at time of the class.