- This event has passed.
Scott Jedlinski / Modern Samurai Project / *FREE CLASS* N. VA LE ONLY / 1 Day Red Dot Pistol: Fundamentals and Performance / Winchester, VA / August 22, 2019
June 2 @ 08:00 - 17:00 MDTFree
Prerequisites: Must be LE in Fairfax, Loudoun, Clarke, or Frederick (Winchester) Counties.
If you qualify, you must email me, Jose Gordon, or Damian Edgar with your creds for the code to make the class free.
Scott Jedlinski: email@example.com
Jose Gordon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Damien Edgar: email@example.com
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• The benefits of target/threat focus for LEO. See more. Process more. Adapt faster. Make less mistakes. Be more accurate.
• Red dots at distance
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
• Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Real Mode.
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
Slide mounted red dot pistol.
The ability to carry 3 mags (1 in gun, 2 in pouches).
Good holster of student’s choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
500 rounds of reliable ammo.
Eye pro, Ear pro.