- This event has passed.
Presscheck Consulting INTERMEDIATE ASSAULT RIFLE COURSE – October 14 – 15 – Pueblo West, Colorado
October 14, 2019 - October 15, 2019
[b]Presscheck Consulting INTERMEDIATE ASSAULT RIFLE COURSE – October 14 – 15 – Pueblo West, Colorado[/b]
The Presscheck Consulting Intermediate rifle course is designed to equip patrol and tactical officers with the skills to apply accurate rifle fire in critical situations at varying distances and from various positions.
This 20 hour course stresses the importance of applying offset and holds at various distances and angles to ensure proper point of impact. Various techniques of supporting the rifle to mitigate recoil and stabilize the reticle for proper shot placement.
– Provide comprehensive safety briefing discussing the practical application of the 4 firearms safety rules in the real world
– Definition reviews of Internal, External, and Terminal ballistics, including 100, 200, and 300 yard zero.
– Zero/confirm zero on all sights.
– Provide students/officers a chance to have their shooting techniques observed by the trainer in order to provide that student/officer with individual feedback on ways to improve performance in accuracy and speed
– Engagement of low percentage targets (small strike area often obscured with a hostage or other no-shoot area) from various distances while applying proper hold offs.
– Shooting moving targets while applying leads (if class progression allows)
– Shooting on the move (if class progression allows)
– Drills used to demonstrate POI deviation when cant is applied to the rifle.
– The student will understand the importance of critical hits and the consequences of a miss, and will be able to diagnose if they are capable of achieving hits at any given moment based upon pre-shot diagnostics of their sights in real time, the hold off of their reticle based upon target distance AND body position and cant of the weapon.
– This course will enable the student to continue to develop and maintain these skills through the use of clear, repeatable standards.
[b]$550 ($50 range fee for non members of the PWSA range)[/b] Register here: [url]https://www.opdsource.com/product-p/32-0007.htm[/url]
Presscheck Training and Consulting, LLC. is a Disabled Veteran owned small business founded in 2015 to provide training to Military, Law Enforcement and vetted civilians in marksmanship, tactics, Close Quarters Combat, Urban Operations, and Night Vision as well as other restricted subject matter. Presscheck also provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to the firearms, tactical, and defense industries in the areas of new product design, business development, and human factors engineering. Presscheck Consulting currently provides various services for B.E. Meyers and Company and Raven Concealment Systems.
SGM(R) Pressburg retired from the Army on 1 Jan 2017 after over 26 years of active service, mostly in Special Operations and Special Missions Units. After Infantry and Airborne Training in 1990, Chuck completed the Ranger Indoctrination Program and was assigned to the 1st Bn, 75th Ranger Regiment.
Chuck’s various assignments included:
-10 years in the 75th Ranger Regt including platoon sergeant of a 65 man strike force deployed to Afghanistan twice in 2001/2002. Platoon highly decorated during the battle of Takur Ghar (Robert’s Ridge) for recovery of 2 missing US Servicemen.
-24 Months rifle and sniper squad leader 82nd Airborne Division.
-2 years Asymmetric Warfare Group(AWG) (Founding member, 1st Active Army unit member deployed to combat, Selection class #1, Operational Training Course (OTC) Class #1) Spending over 20 months in Operation Iraqi Freedom, conducting Small Kill Team (SKT) operations and Direct Action raids in support of conventional and Special Operations Forces.
-12 years, HQ USASOC performing various tasks as required including a two-year assignment to the G8 section where -Chuck performed Science and Technology R&D. While assigned to USASOC Chuck graduated from the Defense Acquisitions University’s Combat Developer’s Course and The Human Factors Engineering (MANPRINT) Course. Chuck spent several years assisting in material acquisition programs for SO10