- This event has passed.
Pocket Rockets – Chuck Haggard
Pocket Rockets (Small Pistol / Snub Revolver) – Chuck Haggard
• Who: Chuck Haggard of Agile/Training and Consulting
•What: Pocket Rockets (Small Pistol and Snub Revolver Skills)
•When: August 10th, 2019
•Where: Council Bluffs, IA @ LHGK.
•Why: Practical Practice with Pocket Poppers.
• This class is a full day expanded version of the popular training classes Chuck has conducted at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference under the titles of Snub Revolver Skills and Small Pistols; Practical Practice with Pocket Poppers. This training will explore the carry and use of these small handguns as EDC or back-up carry guns, the non standard techniques often needed to run these small handguns efficiently and effectively, and the important differences in how they need to be run vs full sized handguns.
• Topics covered will include; Grip, weapon handling, marksmanship, sighting and trigger control, maximum effective range, Reloads, Malfunction clearing, Ammunition selection, wound ballistics and Tactical Anatomy to maximize the effectiveness of these small guns, Primary and alternate carry methods, such as inside the waistband, belly bands, appendix carry, ankle carry, pocket carry, off body carry.
• A ballistic gelatin demonstration shoot will be conducted as part of this class.
What to Bring:
• Reliable, Safe, Drop Safe handgun; Chuck is often asked “What do you mean by small handguns?”. Well, this depends of the hand size of the shooter. “Small handguns” are those that are enough smaller than service sized guns that alternated techniques need to be used to run them effectively. The list includes but is not limited to guns such as Glock 26, 42 and 43, Sig 365, Ruger LCP, Ruger LCR and S&W 642 snub revolvers, etc. Safe and reliable rimfire handguns, such as the .22lr versions of the LCR, or S&W 43c / 317 / etc would also be appropriate for this class.
NOTE – Students may bring more than one handgun and switch between them if they so choose if they want to get practice in with more than one.
• A Safe Method of Carry for Handgun; Quality Holster and Ammo Carriers / Mag Pouches.
• Centerfire Ammo: 200 Rounds
• Rimfire Ammo: 300 Rounds
• Seasonal Weather Gear.
• Eye and Ear Protection.
• Tuition: 200.00.
• Prospective students MUST contact LHGK to register.
• Registration: Contact Rob via email at Rob@LHGK.US.