- This event has passed.
P2 Concepts-Robbie Allmon, Vehicle Takedown Operations, Oxford, MS
September 17, 2018 @ 08:00 - September 18, 2018 @ 17:00 MDT$300.00
In today’s narcotics game and business of high risk warrant service, it is sometimes safer to wait a bad guy out and take them down away from their “fortress” and in a vehicle with surprise, speed, and surgical violence of action.
This is a fast-paced and hands-on course teaching multiple tactical options for immobilizing suspect vehicles and limiting the chances of dangerous pursuits. You will learn how to select and employ the appropriate tactic for a number of situations while limiting the danger to both the public and the officers involved.
We will discuss the manpower needs and personnel assignments for each of the different options and show you how to conduct a quick assessment of the area and position your resources for deployment. You will then learn the various tactics through scenario based exercises. You will practice immobilization techniques for patrol operations, diversionary traffic stops for vehicles in traffic, and dynamic vehicle take-downs that introduce speed, surprise, and aggressive tactics to apprehend the suspects.
This course couples classroom instruction with practical exercises. Equipment requirements for the exercises are listed below. You should come prepared for extended periods in an outdoor environment.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to identify operational phase of a vehicle assault, identify and occupy a POD (point of domination), and conduct a vehicle assault as an assaulter and/or support.
- Various vehicle tactics (diversionary traffic stop, tactical parking)
- Appropriate tactic for given situation
- Manpower needs/personnel assignments
- Surveillance assets
- Pre-deployment setup
- Surrounding area assessment for employment of tactics
- Necessary communication between apprehension (blocking) vehicles
- Signal operational control identification
- Actions on objective
- Follow-up actions
- Scenario-based demonstration of skills by students
There will be no live fire exercises in this course. Although vehicles will be supplied for training during the course, you will gain the most benefit from the practice maneuvers if you can bring the work vehicle you normally use on a daily basis.
Patrol officers and supervisors, tactical team members and undercover officers
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Regular duty gear (gun belt, load bearing vest, etc.)
- Hand gun
- Long gun (shotgun, carbine, or subgun)
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)