- This event has passed.
P2 Concepts-Robbie Allmon, Low Light Instructor, Georgetown, Texas
October 8, 2018 @ 08:00 - October 12, 2018 @ 17:00 MDT$375.00
By utilizing principal based methods designed to challenge officers mentally and physically, instructors will learn how to develop and implement low light training program for their agency. This train the trainer course provides a detailed in depth look at equipment selection, proper techniques, training concepts, and the development of a low light training program.
Through reality based immersion techniques, instructors will participate in and create various force on force scenarios/drills instilling confidence and a deeper level of understanding low light concepts and course development. Upon completion the instructor will have been instilled with the proper tools and preparation needed to develop and implement successful low light training program for their department.
Topics covered are light and the human eye, flashlight selection and techniques for use, diminished lighting scenarios, low light entry methods, instructional techniques, simulation scenario design and evaluation, safety protocols and procedures, departmental liability, instructor teach-backs, participant led force on force scenarios, course critiques/evaluations, instructor lesson plan development and much more!
The Low Light Instructor course is a 5 day 2 part course coupled with the Low Light Concepts course. The first 3 days is classroom, scenario design and evaluation, instructor and lesson plan development. The final 2 days of the course is combined with our 2 day Low Light Concepts course, where you will have the opportunity to assist with instructing providing you with hands on experience and the proficiency needed to immediately begin return to your agency and begin teaching this course.
Additional Topics Include
- Develop and implement low light training program
- Simulation scenario design and evaluation
- Low light teaching methods
- Instructing low-light
- Instructor lesson plan
- Departmental liability
- Light and the human eye
- Principles of low-light tactics
- Flashlight selection and techniques for use
- Understanding technical specifications of illumination tools
- The tactical use of flashlights and ambient lighting
- Utilizing hand-held flashlights with firearms
- Entry techniques
- Applying basic 2 – 3 man building search and room clearing techniques
- Principles of low light tactics and engagements
- Pistol drills for both hand-held and weapon-mounted lights
- Rifle drills for both hand-held and weapon-mounted lights
- Weapon manipulations in diminished lighting conditions
- Must be a licensed sworn law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to 10 hours per day
- Must not have any medical restrictions
Required Training Materials
- Duty gear
- Writing material
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.)
- Tactical flashlight
- Spare batteries