- This event has passed.
MSP + Gun Craft Solutions / MSP + Gun Craft Solutions: 2 Day Red Dot Pistol: Fundamentals and Performance + 1 Day Fighting Pistol / Sacramento, CA / June 15-17, 2019
June 2 @ 08:00 - 17:00 MDT$675.00
Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular as options for carry weapons. Part of mastery is training – here it is!
Prerequisites: Must have already taken a fundamental class by a vetted instructor. Student should be able to clear Dot Torture drill at 3 yards
Day 1 & 2: RDS Pistol with MSP
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• Red dots at distance
• The benefits of target/threat focus for CCW and LEO. See more. Process more. Adapt faster. Make less mistakes. Be more accurate.
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
• Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Real Mode.
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
• Why you should compete.
• Mini match to test skills.
Day 3: Fighting Pistol with Gun Craft Solutions
This is a one-day course that will push the student in problem-solving with their handgun. It brings home the importance of one-handed pistol manipulation utilizing strong side and support side while engaging single and multiple targets. The student will leave the course with an understanding of gear placement and what works in unconventional shooting situations.
Slide mounted red dot pistol.
The ability to carry 3 mags (1 in gun, 2 in pouches).
Good holster of student’s choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
1300 rounds of reliable ammo.
Eye pro, Ear pro.
*Refunds will only be made if the class is canceled. If a student cannot attend the class they signed up for, they will be given a credit to another class of comparable value.
Range fee is $30 per day.
The range is Sacramento Valley Shooting Center.