Matt Little / GreyBeard Actual / Pistol Mechanics, McHenry, IL / Feb 23, 2020
This one-day course gives a concise overview on how to train for skill development with a pistol. This class is designed to give each student a deeper understanding of how to train as efficiently and productively as possible. This is not a tactics class, it is a course on developing a high level of applicable shooting skill.
- Fundamental principles of marksmanship at speed
- Efficiency and consistency of weapons manipulation at speed
- Movement principles for application of shooting technique
- Technical efficiency and individual optimization of technique
- Isolation of skills and training methodology for improvement
- Technical experimentation in training
- Good health and a fitness level sufficient for strenuous physical activity. All our classes incorporate vigorous athletic movement.
- All our classes require safe weapons handling at an unconsciously competent level of skill. This includes drawing from a holster, reholstering, reloads, and weapons safety during dynamic movement and under physical and mental stress. Flagrant or negligent unsafe actions will result in removal from a class without refund.
- Serviceable pistol of 9mm or larger caliber, minimum 3 magazines (6 for single stack guns), belt, holster and at a minimum two mag pouches capable of retaining weapon and magazines during strenuous movement. Minimum 1,000 rounds of ammunition, although more is recommended. Eye/ear protection for range. No Serpa holsters or soft nylon/leather holsters permitted in class.
About GreyBeard Actual LLC
Our primary instructor, Matthew Little, is a US Army Special Forces combat veteran who has extensive law enforcement experience, including serving as the training coordinator and an operational supervisor on a major metropolitan SWAT team, and has worked as a government contractor in non-permissive environments. Additionally, Matt is a lifelong martial artist and former national level competitor. He is also ranked as a Master Class shooter by both the US Practical Shooting Association and the International Defensive Pistol Association. He has instructed foreign and US military personnel and police officers in firearms, combatives, and tactics. This instructional experience was not solely academic, as he was usually then leading his students operationally either in combat or in arguably the most violent major city in North America
Class tuition is $300 Register at https://www.secondamendsports.com/classes