- This event has passed.
Matt Little / GreyBeard Actual / Pistol/Carbine Skill Development, Reevesville SC, Sep 12-13 2020
September 12 - September 13$450
This two-day course focuses on the mechanics of marksmanship at speed with a carbine and pistol as well as transitioning between weapons systems. This course is not about tactics, but instead is about skill with firearms. Your skill at shooting drives your tactics, and the ability to make a shot with precision, rapidly, and under pressure, is of paramount importance. Our goal is for every student to finish this class with a deeper understanding of how to construct their personal training in order to improve as efficiently as possible.
- Fundamental principles of marksmanship at speed
- Efficiency and consistency of weapons manipulation at speed
- Efficient and consistent transitioning between weapons systems at speed
- Movement principles for application of shooting technique
- Technical efficiency and individual optimization of technique
- Isolation of skills and training methodology for improvement
- Technical experimentation in training
- Complex drills for training skills in aggregate
- Maximizing performance under pressure
- Creating a feedback loop for maximizing efficiency of training
- Good health and a fitness level sufficient for strenuous physical activity. All our classes incorporate vigorous athletic movement.
- All our classes require safe weapons handling at an unconsciously competent level of skill. This includes drawing from a holster, reholstering, reloads, and weapons safety during dynamic movement and under physical and mental stress. Flagrant or negligent unsafe actions will result in removal from a class without refund.
- Serviceable pistol of 9mm or larger caliber, minimum 3 magazines (6 for single stack guns), belt, holster and at a minimum two pistol mag pouches capable of retaining weapon and magazines during strenuous movement. Serviceable carbine, if pistol caliber then 9mm or larger, if rifle caliber 5.56 or larger. Minimum 3 carbine magazines, belt and at least one carbine magazine pouch capable of retaining magazines during strenuous movement, and a secure sling. Minimum 800 rounds each of pistol and carbine ammunition although more is recommended. Eye/ear protection for range. No Serpa holsters or soft nylon/leather holsters permitted in class.
About GreyBeard Actual LLC
Our primary instructor, Matthew Little, is a US Army Special Forces combat veteran who has extensive law enforcement experience, including serving as the training coordinator and an operational supervisor on a major metropolitan SWAT team, and has worked as a government contractor in non-permissive environments. Additionally, Matt is a lifelong martial artist and former national level competitor. He is also ranked as a Master Class shooter by both the US Practical Shooting Association and the International Defensive Pistol Association. He has instructed foreign and US military personnel and police officers in firearms, combatives, and tactics. This instructional experience was not solely academic, as he was usually then leading his students operationally either in combat or in arguably the most violent major city in North America
Class tuition is $450. Register at https://greybeardactual.com/pistol-carbine-skill-development/