Matt Little / GreyBeard Actual / Carbine Skill Development, Peoria, IL / Oct 1-2 2020
October 1 - October 2$525
This two-day course focuses on the mechanics of marksmanship at speed with a carbine. This course is not about tactics, but instead is about skill with the firearm. Your skill at shooting drives your tactics, and the ability to make a shot with precision, rapidly, and under pressure, is of paramount importance. This course deals primarily with employing the carbine at CQB distances, but longer range employment can be addressed as well depending on venue availability and student group. Our goal is for every student to finish this class with a deeper understanding of how to construct their personal training in order to improve as efficiently as possible.
- Fundamental principles of marksmanship at speed
- Efficiency and consistency of weapons manipulation at speed
- Movement principles for application of shooting technique
- Technical efficiency and individual optimization of technique
- Isolation of skills and training methodology for improvement
- Technical experimentation in training
- Complex drills for training skills in aggregate
- Maximizing performance under pressureCreating a feedback loop for maximizing efficiency of training
- Good health and a fitness level sufficient for strenuous physical activity. All our classes incorporate vigorous athletic movement.
- All our classes require safe weapons handling at an unconsciously competent level of skill. This includes weapons safety during dynamic movement and under physical and mental stress. Flagrant or negligent unsafe actions will result in removal from a class without refund.
- Serviceable carbine, if pistol caliber then 9mm or larger, if rifle caliber 5.56 or larger. Minimum 3 magazines, belt and at least one magazine pouch capable of retaining magazine during strenuous movement, and a secure sling. Minimum 1,000 rounds of ammunition although more is recommended. Eye/ear protection for range.
About GreyBeard Actual LLC
Our primary instructor, Matthew Little, is a US Army Special Forces combat veteran who has extensive law enforcement experience, including serving as the training coordinator and an operational supervisor on a major metropolitan SWAT team, and has worked as a government contractor in non-permissive environments. Additionally, Matt is a lifelong martial artist and former national level competitor. He is also ranked as a Master Class shooter by the US Practical Shooting Association. He has instructed foreign and US military personnel and police officers in firearms, combatives, and tactics. This instructional experience was not solely academic, as he was usually then leading his students operationally either in combat or in arguably the most violent major city in North America
Class tuition is $525. Register at https://greybeardactual.com/carbine-skill-development/