- This event has passed.
Law Enforcement RED DOT HANDGUN INSTRUCTOR / FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA
April 8 @ 08:00 - April 10 @ 17:00 EDT$600
Host: Fairfax County Police Department
April 8-10, 2019
**Law Enforcement Only **
**This is being approved for DCJS credit **
Fairfax County Police Training Facility
3721 Stonecroft BLVD
Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Develop, present, maintain and qualify department personnel in the use of handgun mounted RDS (red dot sights)
Students will be able to develop a proper lesson plan.
Students will able to Instruct the proper setup, deployment maintenance of various pistol mounted RDS.
Students will be able to properly diagnose common issues with new or intermediate shooters using the pistol mounted RDS.
Students will be able to Implement a viable Pistol RDS syllabus.
Students will be able to pass and conduct pistol mounted RDS qualification course of fire.
- RDS Handgun History
- Equipment selection and considerations
- Mounting solutions / capabilities
- Choosing your agencies Red Dot
- Building your program
- Clearing malfunctions
- Multiple threats / threat selection
- Movement while shooting
- Disabled / one handed techniques
- Using barricades; HOB
- Lesson Plans
- Teach backs
- Evaluations – Record keeping
- Qualifications – Developing, maintaining
- Wrap around Eye Protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Baseball style hat
- Range food / WATER
- Seasonal weather gear / rain gear
- STURDY pistol belt
- Production Handgun, preferably 12 round capacity or higher
- Single stack .45’s are fine, just need to increase magazine count to 8 minimum
- Concealment Holster – **SEE NOTES AT BOTTOM**
- Double magazine carrier – 4 high capacity magazines MINIMUM (8 for 1911 guys)
- A cover garment- Button down shirt, sweatshirt, jacket. How do you carry concealed?
- 800 rounds of factory ammunition
- Cleaning kit / lubrication
- NOTE TAKING MATERIALS
** Holsters MUST be capable of holstering without use of the support hand. Old leather pancake style or inside the waistband holsters that do not retain their opening when the handgun is removed are NOT permitted.
** Shoulder rigs ARE NOT permitted **
** SERPA holsters ARE NOT permitted **