Gabe White Pistol Shooting Solutions Reevesville, SC Nov 3-4, 2018
November 3 @ 08:00 - November 4 @ 17:00 MDT$500
Pistol Shooting Solutions
Reevesville, SC – November 3rd and 4th, 2018
You already have the basics of shooting and gunhandling – you can load, unload, and draw from a holster safely, you have proper muzzle and trigger finger discipline, shoot reasonably accurately, you can keep your gun running by reloading and clearing malfunctions, and maybe have the basics of use of cover down. What do you do next to improve your capability to solve problems where the handgun is an appropriate solution? It’s time to improve your ability to deploy the handgun better, shoot it better, and navigate movement, cover, and the presence of bystanders better. It’s time for Pistol Shooting Solutions.
This class is two full days of intermediate to advanced level training, taught by Gabriel White (see instructor bio.) The class will use live and dry fire to improve our defensive use of the handgun, encompassing accuracy and efficiency in shooting, gunhandling, and personal tactics. This will include a heavy focus on developing students’ technical skills and the application of those skills to solve problems relevant to defensive use of the handgun, including simple and complex spatial problems, and mitigation of danger to bystanders. Essentially, this class will focus on high performance in concealed carry and self-defense with a handgun.
- Efficient drawstroke • Shot calling
- Driving the gun on single and multiple targets (shooting mechanics)
- Full spectrum shooting on the move (controlled and dynamic movement)
- Shooting on the move competitive exercises
- Foreground and background mitigation
- Basic and advanced use of cover • Use of cover competitive exercises
- Technical skills challenge testing • Effective dry practice
- At minimum, you must continuously execute the four firearms safety principles and be able to safely draw from a concealed, belt-mounted holster or unconcealed duty holster. This class is not appropriate for beginners and should not be your first training class.
- You must be at least 21 years old, a U.S. Citizen, and not prohibited by any Federal, State, or Local law from possessing firearms.
- You will be required to sign at least one waiver at the start of class (Instructor waiver and potentially one or more club waivers.)
- You should be able to hit a 6″x6″ target on demand at 10 yards (equivalent of the A/B zone or head of a USPSA Metric or IDPA target) and reload and clear malfunctions.
- Faster and more accurate shooting and gunhandling will be very helpful. A person with weak marksmanship or gunhandling skills may feel somewhat left behind. You may still be able to participate safely, but may not feel that the class is the best use of your time and ammunition.
- If you are unsafe, or do not appear to be of sound and responsible mind, you will be asked to leave. If you are safe, and of sound and responsible mind, but lack the needed shooting skill, you will not be asked to leave, but the class will not be altered to cater to you.
- Eye and ear protection, plus brimmed hat.
- Safe and reliable service caliber handgun, 9mm/.38 Spl or larger – this class is built around compact and full size semi-automatic pistols – revolvers are welcome but may be very challenging. Note: The SIG P320 handgun was recently discovered to have a vulnerability to discharge at a particularly egregious upward angle as a result of being dropped. The P320 is not allowed in Pistol Shooting Solutions unless it has received the upgrade/fix from SIG.
- Strong-side or appendix, belt mounted holster that covers the trigger guard when the gun is in the holster, stays open when the gun is out of the holster, and attaches securely to the belt. Unsafe holsters will not be allowed. Please do not bring minimalist holsters that only cover the trigger guard and are designed to be removed from the belt before holstering. Please do not bring the BLACKHAWK! Serpa holster unless required by your agency.
- Concealment garment or duty/retention holster. The class is intended to develop the highly skilled use of a pistol in self-defense. For most of us, that means either concealment or a duty/retention holster. Unconcealed range or competition gear is also welcome if you prefer.
- Sufficient spare magazines to shoot at least 65 rounds of ammo before needing to refill magazines (for example, if you have 17-round magazines, bring at least 4 magazines to class.)
- Magazine pouch (single, double, and combination pouches are all acceptable.)
- Ammunition, ~1000 rounds (actual round count is likely to be over 950.) Please allow yourself the best class experience possible and bring ammunition that is going to function correctly!
- Bring lunch, snacks, water, and personal hygiene products – we will be at the range all day and take short lunch breaks (approximately 30 minutes) – there will not be time to leave the range to get food!
- This class is not the best time to break in a new gun, or use untested or unreliable guns, ammunition, or other equipment! Those issues will be a huge distraction from your training and I am unlikely to be able to solve those problems for you.
Class location is in the Reevesville, SC area. Range address will be sent to registered students.
Class will start at 8:00 am and will go until finished – 6:00pm is the estimated end time of class each day.
When you arrive, please do not handle firearms until instructed to do so. It’s not a problem if you arrive wearing a loaded and holstered handgun, need to switch gear, or if you arrive not wearing a gun and need to put on your gear. Just leave the gun where it is and do not handle it until we show you when and where to do that.
Full tuition plus range fee payment is due to secure spot in class ($500.00 USD total.) No additional range fee will be due at the time of class.
Refunds of tuition and range fee available by request until 60 days before class start date, at which point tuition is 100% nonrefundable.
Class is limited to fourteen (14) students maximum.
If less than ten (10) students register (not including class hosts), then class may be canceled due to low enrollment – if this happens full refunds will be issued.
Failure to abide by all terms and conditions may result in forfeiture of tuition and/or being dismissed from class. Payment constitutes agreement to all requirements, terms, and conditions.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gabriel White is a defensive handgun instructor and competitive shooter in the Pacific Northwest. Gabe comes from a pure private citizen background and seeks to develop students’ technical and tactical excellence in the training he provides. Gabe stands apart by living a deep commitment to competing and training with his actual concealed carry gear at a high technical level in addition to adhering to safe and effective tactics and self-defense practices.
- Current Chief Instructor of Public Range FTU and public defensive handgun training program for Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office at the Public Safety Training Center in Clackamas, Oregon – Note: This class is not associated with the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office
- Instructor Emeritus at Oregon Firearms Academy in Brownsville, Oregon
- Master class in USPSA Limited Division shooting carry gear from concealment
- Master class in GSSF
- FAST Challenge Coinholder #09
- One of only four people worldwide to clean the Rogers Shooting School Test
- Only person worldwide to clean the Rogers Shooting School Test from concealment
- LFI Judicious Use of Deadly Force Instructor
- NRA-certified Pistol Instructor
- Over 800 hours of formal defensive handgun and emergency training as a student
- Defensive handgun practitioner since 1999
- Defensive handgun instructor since 2007
“My truest qualification is that I love defensive pistol training and skill development. I am a student first and I am always a student. I love to study and practice to increase my own skills and preparedness for self-defense, and I love to work with others interested in doing the same. It is my belief that there is no such thing as being too good at fighting for your life with a pistol. It is with that mindset that I guide my students with me on a few steps down the path.”
– Gabe White
Want To Learn More About Gabe’s Perspective?
Check out my website for videos, articles, and class information: http://www.gabewhitetraining.com/
Shooting, Training, and Competition Two Minute Highlight Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eD9tbjNd4w