- This event has passed.
Edged Weapons Overview with Craig Douglas of Shivworks; Portland, OR; July 13th and 14th, 2019
July 13 @ 08:00 - July 14 @ 17:00 MDT$400
Edged Weapons Overview with Craig Douglas of Shivworks
Portland, OR; July 13th and 14th, 2019
The Edged Weapons Overview course is a two-day (16-hour) focused overview of knife application methods. Lots of people carry pocket knives for various reasons, but very few people have any training on how to deploy them effectively for self-defense. This course gives students a fundamental understanding of edged weapons. Like all ShivWorks courses, EWO is contextualized and presented through a minimalist framework to give students practical tools they can easily learn, remember, and put to immediate use.
First Day (Eight Hours):
- The Criminal Assault Paradigm
- Managing Unknown Contacts
- Default Position and basic blows
- Tool Survey
- Robust Folder Deployment
- Theory of In-Fight Weapons Access
- In-Extremis application
Second Day (Eight Hours):
- Mobility and Zoning Issues of equal initiative encounters
- Plyometric Fighting Platform
- Point Theory, forward and reverse grip
- Conventional Edge introduction
- Refining the narrow angle
- Reverse Edge introduction
- The Functional Support Hand
- Specialty and Improvised Edged tools (push daggers, ice picks, screwdrivers, etc.). This module is largely based on what students bring to the class and wish to see addressed.
Please bring the following items with you to class:
- Comfortable clothes
- Wrap-around eye protection
- Mouthpiece and cup
- Preferred carry knives
- Trainer knives (if you have them)
- Positive attitude
- Open mind
Costs of this course:
- Total course tuition will vary depending on the host facility, any applicable range fees, and many other factors.