- This event has passed.
VERITAC, Dismounted, Small Team Operations, Abbotsford BC CANADA
October 27, 2017 @ 18:30 - October 29, 2017 @ 16:00 PDT$399
This is an ATS Hosted event.
This course assumes core competencies in Multi-Weapon Operations (or equivalent LE / MIL / other agency training) and covers advanced techniques for small teams operating in a dismounted role within austere or non-permissive environments. Fundamentals will be drawn and built upon based on current special operation forces (JTF2) doctrine. This is a hybrid classroom + live fire skills rehearsal and confirmation where most of the 2.5 days will be spent running students through introduction to vehicles, seating arrangements (PPO,VIP, driver and shooters), and contact drills. Use of static vehicles as a base for exfil and cover may be expected. Review of Tactical Trauma including TQ application and wound packing will be demonstrated as well as applied. Low-light and no-light training may be required
– Sequence of Events for Planning a Dismounted Team Movement
– Elements Common to all Dismounted Team Movements
– Movement Formations and breaking contact with VIP
– Movement Techniques
– Danger Areas
– Movement to Contact
– Engaging a single target with scanning
– Engaging multiple targets and scanning
– Breaking contact (2, 4 and 8 man teams)
– Aussie Peel
– Tracking Patrol
– Control Bleeding, Tourniquet application
– Dressing application, Wound Packing
About the Instructors
Jeff is a 20 year veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces having served 11 years with Canada’s elite Counter Terrorist Unit JTF2.
Upon retirement from the CF Jeff worked as a security consultant for another 11 years in the Middle East training foreign local nationals, running Personal Security Details for the Dept. of State, acting as a Counter Action Team (CAT) Commander for the US Embassy, and securing Oil companies through Iraq.
Active in the security field for over 30 years Jeff has been involved with numerous domestic and international operations.
– Small arms training
– Close Quarter Battle (CQB)
– Sniper training
– Personal Security Details and Close Protection
– Counter Terrorist Driving skills
– Perimeter security (embassies, airports, oil/nuclear facilities)
– Marine Counter Terrorism (MCT)
– Aircraft Assault
Adjunt (tactical trauma)
If register for more than one course, we will refund $150 off the second course. In addition:
– ATS Members receive discount each course
– LEO/MIL/Security receive discount each course
– CCFR Members receive discount each course
– Veritac training alumni receive discount each course
– Group Rates (5+) from same agency receive discount each course