- This event has passed.
Concealed Handgun for the Off Duty or Undercover – October 11-12, 2018 Helena, Montana **LE ONLY*
October 11, 2018 @ 08:00 - October 12, 2018 @ 17:00 MDT$450.00
** Closed to Law Enforcement ONLY **
Helena PD Police Department Range
October 11-12, 2018
*Montana POST credit is pending per MLEA *
Agencies rarely provide any concealment work to educate on the off duty or Detective / Undercover techniques and safe techniques to present or return the handgun to the holster, not to mention fighting from concealment.
This class is going to cover the dynamics of carrying and deploying a concealed handgun as a daily responsibility. This will focus on the concealment, deployment and use of a handgun as a primary weapon while conducting Police Operations in a plain clothes assignment as well as off duty carry.
All handgun presentations will come from a concealed holster. All methods of concealment (open or closed / button down or polo/t-shirt, off the body carry) will be addressed.
- Equipment selection and considerations
- Methods of concealment
- Carry positions and applicability
- Presentations from concealment
- Reloads: Combat and Tactical
- Clearing malfunctions
- Close contact drills / CQB
- Timed speed and accuracy “standards”
- Stress inducing drills
- Multiple threats / threat selection
- Disabled / one handed techniques
- Unorthodox shooting positions
- Vehicle engagements and ballistics
- Wrap around Eye Protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Baseball style hat
- Range food / WATER
- Seasonal weather gear / rain gear
- STURDY pistol belt
- Production Handgun, preferably 12 round capacity or higher
- Single stack .45’s are fine, just need to increase magazine count to 8 minimum
- Concealment Holster
- Double magazine carrier
- 3 high capacity magazines MINIMUM (8 for 1911 guys)
- A cover garment- Button down shirt, sweatshirt, jacket. How do you carry concealed?
- 800 rounds of factory ammunition
- Cleaning kit / lubrication
If assistance is needed acquiring any of the required gear, please feel free to contact me.
RANGE LOCATION: The training site is the Helena Police Department Range on Bozeman Road on the southeast side of the Helena Regional Airport.
Food and Lodging: The Academy WILL NOT be offering meals at the academy for this class. Please bring lunch, snack, water ETC to the range with you.
If students require lodging, contact Kim Parvinen at Kparvinen2@mt.gov. She can work with individual students to arrange lodging on a space available basis.