- This event has passed.
Centrifuge Training, Scotopic Problem Solver, Burnsville, North Carolina
June 8 @ 14:00 - June 9 @ 23:00 EDT$550
Sign Ups here:
Scotopic Problem Solver – Handgun
Scotopic Problem Solver is an accelerated course focused on scotopic environment manipulation. Students will push the boundaries of “traditional” low light and no light engagements in true 3D environments. An in-depth look into weapon and equipment manipulations, human anatomy, principles of light employment and movement will occur both on the range and in the classroom. Low light myths and status quos will be challenged as the class explore the reality of critical engagements through force on force. Drills will incorporate threat identification, adverse shooting platforms and simunitions.
Individual Equipment List:
- Handgun with at least 3 magazines (5 if single stack) and magazine pouch.
- 800 rounds quality ammunition
- CAT or SOF T TQ on your person is mandatory an IFAK is recommended.
- Cleaning kit and gun lube.
- Eye protection and electronic ear protection.
- Long sleeve shirt and gloves are mandatory. Knee pads and elbow pads are optional.
- Full duty belt / tactical loadout / Concealed carry (your normal work or carry setup).
- Handheld flashlight(s), extra batteries and clear eye protection for low light work.
- Headlamp is strongly recommended.
- 4 chem lights (any color).
- Notepad and pen.
- Multi tool (Multitasker / Gerber / Leatherman).
- Water and snacks.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Able to legally carry a firearm.
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire.
- Previous intermediate to advanced firearms training to include courses of fire where movement, barricades, working around others, communicating and adverse shooting positions were addressed.$550($30 range fee payable to Blue Ridge marksmanship)
Primary instructor for this class is Chase Jenkins.