- This event has passed.
Blue Ridge Marksmanship, Vehicle Gun Fighting, Asheville, NC
October 27 @ 08:30 - October 28 @ 16:30 MDT$400
Vehicle Gun Fighting
This course is for Law Enforcement Officer and vetted civilians only.
This course will cover defensive and offensive vehicle gun fighting in depth.
The following objectives will be met by each individual during the two day (16
1) Engaging threats in a vehicle: Live fire exercise shooting into vehicles
2) Engaging threats from a vehicle: Live fire exercise from inside and around
3) Points of cover around a vehicle: Explaining the actual cover that exists
around any vehicle and modes of survival
4) Myths associated with vehicles: Fact versus legend
5) Windshield shooting lab: Officers will fire thru a windshield at various
threats. Cameras are encouraged for data collection and for education back
6) Vehicle shooting lab: Officers will fire into vehicles. Cameras are
encouraged for data collection and for education back to department.
7) Retention shooting: Live fire exercise at point blank range utilizing various
techniques for neutralizing threat
When: October 27 -28. Time: 0830 to 1630
Where: Blue Ridge Marksmanship. 827 Roaring Fork Road Burnsville, NC 28787
(35 mins from downtown Asheville)
Long sleeve shirt
Handgun w/appropriate holster
700 Rounds of range ammo
Water bottles and lunch
Officers should bring what they use the most: either duty belt or their work every
day carry (EDC) based on their specific duties.
Cost: LEO’s $400. Vetted Civilians $450.
Additional notes: Officers who would like to fire their duty carry ammo during
labs need to bring 20 rounds to fire into vehicles /windshields. We ask officers to
bring a spare unit / department patch.
For questions or sign-up information please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or Kevin (828) 772-6884 (c)