Rudy Project

Madkow

Gents, your experiences with the Rudy Project eyewear is what I am looking for here. What frame did you choose? How did they fit? Describe your melon a little bit and how they adapted, or didn't, to your specific contours. For example and maybe i'm the only one, but, many forms of shooting glasses and sunglasses alike pinch me behind the ears on the bone just enough so that a headache arrives within an hour or two.

Have you used them with polarized lenses? What shade and how did they match up to say Costa del Mar or the like? Did you use some with transitions lenses? Prescription? Maybe all three together, if that is even possible. Or did you lay down the scratch for a couple pairs to separate shooting from every day wear.

Trying to further the info of the recent podcasts that brought some of this up.

Default.mp3

Established
A bit of a hijack, but the Rudy Projects don't appear to conform to MIL-PRF-31013. Should I take that into consideration when considering their ImpactX line for eye pro?

PSMW 1

I've been wearing Rudy Projects close to 10 years now. My primary eyewear was the typical Oakely sunglass every cool guy wore at work. My problem with the Oakely was it didn't fit the bridge of my nose well, (Asian face and small nose). At SHOT show in Las Vegas, I came across the Rudy Project booth. I recognized the name and products mainly because I knew cyclist wore their eyewear. The Rudy Project staff told me they're making a line of eyewear towards the MIL/LEO market. After leaving a business card and wanting to try out the model I liked, the Rydon in black frame. The Rudy Project stall said they would notify me when it was back in stock.

After a short while, I received a small box delivered to my agency. The Rudy Project staff had sent me the Rydon fame with 2 extra lenses to try out for free. I was suprised, I wasn't looking for hand outs but really appreciated their customer service. Right away the frame was a good fit for the me the nose pad was adjustable and replaceable if damaged. The arms of the eyewear was flexiable where you can shape it to the contour of your head/face. The lens were easy to replace and install. This was a good piece of eye protection.

One of the lens I received was a photo chromatic lens which darken in sunlight and cleared when indoors. This was a great solution when I moved from outdoors to an indoor location The design of the frame and lens allowed the eyewear not to sit so close to my face, I had this problem with the Oakely eyewear, even with a larger nose pad installed. The lens did not fog up like when I wore the Oakely. The Rudy Project lens was also impact resistance designed for shooting sports needs. I felt this was a good match of what I wanted in a protective eyewear.

I still wear Rudy Project eyewear and appreciate the design, fit, comfort and looks. of the frame. Yes they cost a bit more than some eyewear but they do offer discounts to MIL/LEO and usually include extra lens and parts that other companies may not offer. I think you'll like their selections. Hopefully this helped a bit. Good luck.

https://www.e-rudy.com/en/products/detail/SN797306