Remington 700

How are the current run of Remington 700s? Still a good buy, or have they taken a turn for the worst? No one really carries them here so I have a hard time putting hands on one.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

spectre3

General consensus in the precision rifle community is to buy a Bergara if you want a 700. It's a 700 "clone" that's just built better and with better configurations from the factory. I have a 2019 built 700 aac-sd in 6.5 cm and it's fine. It will shoot 1/2 moa groups when I do my part. Even cheap ammo is around moa. However, by the time I replaced the stock that was touching the barrel (which was necessary to achieve the above accuracy), I could've bought a Bergara HMR for slightly less money and had a smoother rifle with a better factory trigger. The x mark triggers are claimed to be adjustable down to 3.5 lbs, but I couldn't get mine below 5 lbs. Really though, if I could go back in time I would've bought a custom action with swappable bolt heads. This way I could have a 223, 308, and magnum bolt face and prefit barrels from all the barrel makers in the calibers I want. I could use the same stock/chassis, trigger and optic with one rifle and use 223 for practice, 308, 6, or 6.5 cm for hunting or long range, and a 6.5 prc or other short magnum for bigger game/ hunting out west where shots are longer.