Pistol “Safe”

ZachAshcraft

Amateur
I’m heading on a beach vacation next month and meeting another family with young kids who are vehemently anti-gun. Obviously I am still going to protect my family, but I’d like to get something in which to store and lock my pistol when it’s not on my person to keep kids out and give them peace of mind if they were to somehow find out there is a gun around.

Here is what I’m looking for it to do:
- Be quickly accessible to me when needed
- Not be accessible to kids to see or access the gun
- Be small enough to discreetly carry in a duffel bag so that my wife and I are the only ones who know it’s there

Bonus points if it can:
- Double as locked storage for the gun in a vehicle for times when I cannot legally carry into a building (cable locked to a hard point in the vehicle)

What I do NOT intend for this to do:
- Act as a safe that would keep thieves from stealing it if they break into our home. I have a real safe, but it’s too far away from our bedroom to be quickly accessible.
- Be impenetrable

What suggestions do y’all have for a quality solution that would fit a Glock 19 with RMR and full size light? I’m having trouble finding reviews and solutions that would fit. Thanks in advance.

I use a V-Line pistol box for this application.

They're well made and use a Simplex lock so there's no need to worry about batteries.

There is mounting holes in the bottom and I have a metal cable through those locked to a hardpoint in my trunk. It's not invincible but for stopping a smash and grab I feel it's sufficient.

I have the larger size top opening model and can simultaneously fit a G34/509t/X300U, G45/light and a J-frame in it snugly.