Personal Accountability

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
There are a couple things I do in person and on social media that mostly keeps me out of trouble. These might help if you find yourself having issues since social media is only 2 dimensional and a lot is lost in that form.

1. Be honest. No need to make up stuff or exaggerate.

2. If someone asks a question that you don't have the answer to, admit it. Direct them to where they might find the answer or help them find the answer.

3. Give credit where credit is due. I have learned a lot from great and wonderful people, it is a privilege to me to bring them up. This practice can also help those you credit.

4. During a discussion, restate what you are addressing to ensure you are on the same page.

5. Acknowledge agreement. Not everything has to be contentious. Like posts and reinforce them when you agree.

6. If you disagree with someone, they are not your sworn mortal enemy. Address the source of disagreement, don't attack them.

7. Don't get overly emotional and lose control. It happens enough from what I see to list it here. It isn't life or death, unless you are a doctor and it is.

8. Don't assume the other party is emotional.