Features:

- TXG Tungsten Infused Heavy XGrip Module

- Legion Gray PVD Slide with Lightening Cuts

- Aluminum Base Pads

- Optic Ready Compatible with Delta Point PRO and ROMEO1 PRO Optics

- Lightened and Skeletonized Trigger

- 5” Match Grade Bull Barrel

- Dawson Precision® Fiber Optic Front & Adjustable Rear Sight

- (3) 17rd (OR 10rd in Compliant States) Steel Magazines with Henning Group® Aluminum Basepads

What you can't see in the photo is that this new X5 Legion weighs much more than current P320 X5 pistols by a whopping 7.9 ounces (it weighs 43.5 ounces). They accomplished this increase in weight by infusing Tungsten into the grip module. Sig is calling it a TXG Tungsten infused heavy XGrip module.

Since we aren't expecting to get an all metal grip module, this is definitely the next best thing! To put it into perspective, Walther's new Q5 Match Steel frame pistol weighs 41.6 oz empty. A P226 X5 Tactical weighs approximately 35.5 oz and a P220 10mm Legion weighs 44 oz so this is just a half ounce lighter.

Personally, this is very “meh” to me. Glad they’re trying to make a competitor to Walther’s SF Q5, but they cheaped out by just glueing a bunch of tungsten weight to the inside of a standard polymer grip module.

No all-steel grip module, no care

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
The more I look at this thing the more it pisses me off...Probably several hundred dollars more than a standard X-Five for fewer magazines with less capacity, a shitty gray paint job, and still a plastic grip module. Exactly NONE of the things it should’ve been...

WAVandal

People will buy it just for the Legion creds, what ever those are outside of the P22x series guns. The P320 X5 was fine as it was. If they wanted to add weight, steel grip solves the issue.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I'm with you Rudukai, just adding weights into a plastic grip is super cheap when Walther has an actual steel framed gun that's already on the market.

Agreed. To that end, in response to my complaining about this in a thread on AR15.com a member who is a Sig employee once again heavily implied that a true steel-framed P320 variant is in the works (my guess is it’ll be the forthcoming P320MAX that Max Michel has mentioned on Instagram). That makes currently three different companies that I’m aware of which have strongly hinted that they’re working on a metal grip module for the platform

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Agreed. To that end, in response to my complaining about this in a thread on AR15.com a member who is a Sig employee once again heavily implied that a true steel-framed P320 variant is in the works (my guess is it’ll be the forthcoming P320MAX that Max Michel has mentioned on Instagram). That makes currently three different companies that I’m aware of which have strongly hinted that they’re working on a metal grip module for the platform
Honestly, it's a good idea. There's nothing about a striker fired action that mandates a polymer frame, so the fact that there have only been polymer framed ones for the last 30 years is kinda weird when I think about it. I don't know why Sig would be releasing a tungsten-loaded stop gap when its replacement is in the works, but then again I don't know why they do a lot of what they do.

WAVandal

I have the chance to handle one of these last week at my former local toy shop, before I moved to the West side of WA. From speaking with the store manager, who is a friend, it is not just weights glued inside the gun. The grip module is actually impregnated/embedded with tungsten.

It's definitely heavy, on par with the Walther, and about half the cost. The flat trigger feels good, like the Grey Guns designed trigger on the X-series guns. The X-Series grip always feels good to me. I kinda want one now. I have not yet shot the X5 Legion.

bjw182005

This thing shoots like an absolute dream. There is almost zero recoil due to the added weight of the grip module and the trigger is substantially better than the standard X5. While some may not see the need, these will be used heavily in competition based on the capabilities and inherent accuracy of the design.

Frosty_Bear

Just clear a few things up:
it is tungsten powder that is mixed in with the polymer before or as it is molded.
IIRC, it's within a 1/2 ounce of the Walther Q5 SF.
There is an added advantage of having it be heavy and having polymer frame and that is polymer flex.

Now, I'm not a gunsmith, mechanical engineer or anything like that, but from what I understand is that all other things being equal, up to a certain weight, a handgun with polymer flex will have less recoil than a metal framed handgun. I want to say it tips over at ~32 ounces, but I don't remember where I read this or what the source was so take it with a heavy grain of salt.

The point is if you can have the recoil reduction of 1. Weight, 2. Polymer Flex you'll have a solid handgun. 3. Add a PMM JTTC Ultra comp on this(~50-55% recoil reduction over a standard slide) with some extra hot rounds and you'll be around the price of a Q5 SF if you already had a subcompact barrel for the P320.

So far, it doesn't seem that anything beats it technologically by incorporating both flex and sheer weight.

Now if only someone could move the Recoil spring down like an H9....then things would get really, really interesting