Looking for training near Cheyenne WY

Bpierce

There used to be a website that you could enter your zip code and it would show vetted instructors that were going to be within a certain radius for the calendar year. I'm having trouble finding that? This forum has been a great resource for me before when trying to find training. Any help would be appreciated. Nunn Colorado is close and I've seen several good instructors pass through there. Anyone familiar with a website or have any insight?

Lamebrain

Gladiator Firearms Training Group is located here in Cheyenne. Eric Dent is the gentleman who owns and runs it. I have not taken any training from them but he has very good reviews on Facebook.

JEB

Sort of an old post, but anywho...

Cheyenne and the tri-corner area is sort of a blank spot for near-by training, regardless of level. I used to run a MeWe page dedicated to reputable training tailored to Pokes and it tended to be blank. I was fortunate enough to have Lee Weems peek around in there once in a while and provide info, so I assume I was on the right track in regard to ops concept of running the page. Here's what I can recall of trainers, and then my useless opinion on the matter:
[-] Nunn CO - Used to get a couple of reputable trainers, but has lessened the past year+. Thier calendar format isn't a huge help.
[-] Wyoming Tactical - https://www.wyotac.com/ - The owner/Lead Inst is willing to travel; hosted him at Otto a couple of times, but very low interest from locals to get actual training despite my widespread advert efforts. :-/ So I don't think he'll come back around unless there's 6+ guaranteed participants.
[-] Tim H is going to be in Billings and CO near Denver near as I can tell in 2024.
[-] MSP will also be around w/in travel distance in 2024.
[-] PatMac came through Pinedale a few years ago. Used to go to Custer SD, but has since stayed local to his area.
[-] There's a ton of other great instructors/instruction out there, but none of which seem overly interested in coming w/in a reasonable distance of Cheyenne, or much of WY for that matter.
[-] Wyoming Gun Company - https://www.wyogun.com/ - up in Casper, is always offering something.

Not to tangent here, but for the majority of WY there's a culture issue. Most folks simply aren't interested in honing, improving or expanding their defensive shooting toolbox, despite the massive quantity of firearms carried by Pokes. There are a handful of instructors strewn across the state. My concern is their curriculum appears to me to be dogmatic and stale. I've called a couple and simply asked what their CoF was and became discouraged by their devolved response(s). Say "RDS", and they don't want to associate. There's some long range rifle shooter courses up N near Cody, but it's pretty hunting-centric. Nothing wrong with that, but a wider interest scope exists - just probably not in the participant numbers that would interest reputable instructors.

My only recommendation, and based solely on my opinion, is to expand travel area expectations. This has been effective for me; results may vary for others. :cool:

MOT

Great guns in Nunn, CO has some reputable instructors out there somewhat regularly. Seen chuck pressburg, Dave Spaulding and John Farnam doing classes there. Think Bill blowers was out once too. Probably others. I know it’s not in Wyoming but it seems about as close as you can get, sadly.