LEO "Red Shirt" for non firearms training?

So our agency has used "red shirts" for all of our training since I can remember. Both firearms and everything else. I'm helping our training section get our TEMS training up to speed and I'm wondering if red shirts are the best choice for this type of training?

We had our second test class with the recruits yesterday and being school is out, we have a bunch of SROs assigned to training for the summer. It seemed like an endless sea of red shirts and it seemed distracting to me as one of the instructors (no red shirt).

What are your thoughts on wearing "red shirts" for training (other than firearms)?

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Small agency so everyone knows who is teaching in our classes, but for scenarios I was taught to use the traffic vests for anyone not a role player.

jnc36rcpd

CENTCOM, is it just instructors in red shirts or everyone attending training? The county academy puts all instructors in red shirts regardless of what discipline they instruct. I don't have an issue with it. When I was firearms training coordinator, I issue red shirts to non-instructor armorers to make them part of the team. They were not to wear the shirts at firearms training unless they were assisting.

We also use traffic vests to designate instructors during force-on-force.