How it all started for me.....

Carrion

The year was 2009 and GWOT was in full swing. Was a E-4 at the time and was in a workup prior to leaving for Al-Asad and then FOB Ubaydi.

I then visited some outfitter store just outside Camp Lejeune and came across the DVD that changed it all for me... The Art of Tactical Carbine. This led to quickly buying the others in the series including the shotgun and handgun ones.

Watching Travis Haley and Chris Costa move, shoot, and do cool guy stuff was completely insane to me, yet it made so much sense.

Coincidentally, I had the opportunities to apply and practice some of the skills during the workup training, or as Landfair would say "pressure test" what I was seeing, and they made even more sense to me.

That's where it started for me.... and led me to where I am at now.

<END OF EMO FLASHBACK>

Kwachen

I've got a copy of that DVD, too- purchased in a northern Virginia gunshop circa 2010. It's amazing what we "knew" then, and how much the training world has gotten better.
What I find really interesting is how much I've changed from wanting to see the new new technique to the old. I was ECSTATIC to find a copy of Kill or Be Killed by Rex Applegate the other day.

I wonder what we'll be looking at in another 15 years?