Glock Mag Wells

WAVandal

I need some guidance here to sort through the web noise. I have a G19.4 for my daily carry and a G17.4 for duty use, on both I run the Vickers baseplates.

Who out there actually makes a slimmer mag well that could be used for CCW and duty? I don't need one for competition use. I'm seeing mixed reports out there on what works, what doesn't and what kinda does. What does the P&S collective brain have experience with? Agency, Magpul, Taran Tactical?

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
I have an Agency maxwell on my Roland because I use he large backstrap. It’s very slim. I can’t see any issues CCW with it and definitely not on duty.

King's_Own

Amateur
I ran the Zev Pro mag well on my 22.3 with Vickers base plates. The well is awesome and I don't think it added to much to conceal. The Vickers pads needed dremel work to fit but it wasn't hard. That gun is in OIS purgatory right now, so on my new 17.4 I have the magpul well for now until I get my Zev back. I'll be running the 10-8 performance baseplates whenever i find the time and motivation to strip oem floor plates off 8 mags.

MojoNixon

Established
I don't use the Vickers baseplates. All of my carry mags have either +3 or +5 Arredondo basepads. They work without issue or modification with the Magpul magwell on a 19.3.98.PNG

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
He’s running a back strap which limits the availability of magwells. Many gen 4 magwells are for frame only setups.

jBravo3

IMO the Agency is where it's at/top of the food chain. It's extremely functional, very well made, and about the lowest profile of any magwell out there. That price tag is brutal though, as is the Blacklist well, which is the only reason I haven't tried one of those yet. I recently (like, two days ago recently) bought a Magpul well just out of curiosity, and despite maybe feeling a bit "cheap" after using the Agency, it's pretty trim, seems tough (obviously can't comment on durability), and does what it's supposed to do. To my knowledge, Magpul only produces those for use with no backstrap though. I don't mess with OEM Glock baseplates anymore - I've tried a few different plates and they don't do a whole lot for me other than get in the way (talking width, not extensions).

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Ive had an agency on my gun for years. They make models for each of the factory back strap. I find that it really improves my grip on the 19 sized frame and the agency doesnt have any sharp edges like some of the other models. It might be cheap but its the best option for what you are seeking.

Rick

WAVandal

Form these replies, I am going to get the Agency mag well from Rainier Arms. They are local to me and have them in stock. Thanks for the help.

MojoNixon

Established
I went with the Magpul as an inexpensive proof of concept solution. Looking at the Agency Magwell it does appear to be a little bit bigger than the Magpul but not prohibitively so. If I ever upgrade from the Magpul and I’ve found no reason to do so yet, I’d definitely give the nod to the Agency. I did see somewhere that there are blem Agency magwells for $70. I don’t recall where it was, unfortunately. A80B3912-C037-4FB6-B08F-B4DBA8C9F21C.png

MojoNixon

Established
I went with the Magpul as an inexpensive proof of concept solution. Looking at the Agency Magwell it does appear to be a little bit bigger than the Magpul but not prohibitively so. If I ever upgrade from the Magpul and I’ve found no reason to do so yet, I’d definitely give the nod to the Agency. I did see somewhere that there are blem Agency magwells for $70. I don’t recall where it was, unfortunately. View attachment 2533
A little closer look at the Magpul.26528834-3AEF-4D8A-A661-42AD8A8A9425.png

WAVandal

[QUOTE="MojoNixon, post: 25823, member: 244". I did see somewhere that there are blem Agency magwells for $70. I don’t recall where it was, unfortunately. [/QUOTE]

Agency sells them on their website as bless for $70.

MojoNixon

Established
[QUOTE="MojoNixon, post: 25823, member: 244". I did see somewhere that there are blem Agency magwells for $70. I don’t recall where it was, unfortunately.

Agency sells them on their website as bless for $70.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, for that.

Nowski

I currently have the Zev lo pro on my Gen 3 19c. So far I have been impressed, it helps me grip higher on the gun and doesn't add a lot of bulk. I haven't used the Vicker's base plates, but the stock plates are too short so I use the Magpul glock 19 mags with it and they work fine. Now this is all in dry fire practice hitting the range this weekend and will see how I like it under live fire.

I little more data. Just tried two Magpul magwells on a 17.3 and a 17.4. Does not work with glock +2 extensions, vickers baseplates, or gen 5 baseplates. I'll probably be selling them off, and try agency next.

MojoNixon

Established
I little more data. Just tried two Magpul magwells on a 17.3 and a 17.4. Does not work with glock +2 extensions, vickers baseplates, or gen 5 baseplates. I'll probably be selling them off, and try agency next.
The one I pictured earlier in this thread is on a 19.3. I haven’t tried it with a G19 mag with Glock +2. G19 mag with Arredondo +5 works/fits without issue.

WAVandal

Time for a little update. I have been running the Agency well for nearly two months and have been happy with it. It does make for a very tight fit when using the Vickers base pads but they do work with no issues. I haven't tried it with any extensions, as I don't run any. I have thought about taking a file to the polymer just inside the magwell to smooth things out a bit, but that is 99.8% asthetics for me, there are no functional issues.

I'm happy with it and will likely be adding one to my duty G17.4 later on.

Grayman

Established
I know you (OP) already made the call but figured I'd share my experiences. I have had a magpul on a training gun for several months. It is an extremely effective option for proof of concept or budget builds. The internal flare isn't huge but it works as advertised. The exterior dimensions are perfect for low pro use or carry. It's not obtrusive at all and makes the overall package very appealing.

My duty gun is currently wearing Taran's low profile offering. It's far and away my favorite offering. The internal flare is significantly larger than the external dimensions would suggest. The overall form looks very natural on the Glock. Tarans magwell has almost no perceptible decrease in concelability over the regular frame while still offering a useable "grip stop" necessary for us ham handed individuals