EGL FBI mod drop hanger med pouch

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
https://bluelinesheepdog.blogspot.com/2016/11/egl-fbi-drop-hanger-med-pouch.html

Hangers or Drop pouches

I have a Extreme Gear Labs med kit that is the “hanger” style that has been popular of late. The concept is to put a pouch that hangs below the front flap of a chest rig or plate carrier. I initially saw this in pictures of kit from around mid 2005 and on, when MIL assaulters were adding bangs, mags, IFAK’s etc on the groin armor flaps on heavy vests. Also something I saw was guys using fanny packs as IFAK's since it was below the Armor and yet centerline for ease of access and worked no matter if only wearing belt kit or with belt and amor. As the civilian market of selling gear went more towards selling chest rigs than PC’s/Armor Carriers, people started to see the cool guy gear and want something like it. If you need to add kit to what your wearing with minimal side print, a hanger makes that easy.

"Dalton Fury" RIP
Flap with Utility Pouch

Tom Spooner/Northern Red
Flap with flashbangs and mags

For my use of a Hanger, I went with the EGL “FBI” mod med kit. My chest rig is limited to range days where I don’t need armor, or for “hey something’s going on but I don’t have my armor at home with me” wear. The chest rig is a EGL 3 Mag VOCR – reviewed on here already.

EGL 3 Mag VOCR review

The FBI med kit has a front dual side opening Tourniquet pouch. It fits a CAT as well as SOFT-W gen2 and up. The back portion is a top zipper opening utility pouch. I have combat gauze, Z fold regular gauze and other standard IFAK contents in it. A person could use this for other roles, but that’s how I use it. To allow easier ID of the zippers, I replaced the supplied grey paracord pulls with glow in the dark blue.

Placement/Clearance. Body types and what other kit you are using with this will dictate how you wear your kit. One factor is that if the top of the top opening pouch butts up against the bottom of your chest rig, it will be really difficult to open the pouch when needed. I’ve adjusted the height a few times by moving the Velcro attached hanger up and down.

Very interesting.
I've never given chest rigs much thought, but it seems like in some circumstances you may be without a chance to get to your armor and you could probably store this setup in your backpack and probably have at least a system where you can have extra pistol mags and an ifak.
And then your backpack would be free for whatever you can pick up.
Very very interesting.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Very interesting.
I've never given chest rigs much thought, but it seems like in some circumstances you may be without a chance to get to your armor and you could probably store this setup in your backpack and probably have at least a system where you can have extra pistol mags and an ifak.
And then your backpack would be free for whatever you can pick up.
Very very interesting.
That was a factor in my selection of this chest rig/med pouch combo.

That was a factor in my selection of this chest rig/med pouch combo.
I landed a medivac helo last night and the young flight RN had a chest rig- sans pistol and mags obviously. But it kinda opened my eyes to the fact that this isnt a fantasy piece of equipment, rather its a practical and functional gear item that works beyond the teotwktmzaki and it actually serves a purpose when you dont have targets returning fire and you aren't giving fire.
Real world=cool world.