AMG Lab Commander Shot Timer

Valk

https://www.amg-lab.com/

I took a bit of a gamble on this timer after seeing it slowly come into production over on pistol-forum, and since then I've been getting quite a few questions about it, asking me to compare it to other timers currently on the market. The lead time is currently excruciatingly long - mine took 2 months to get to me - and I figured people would want to hear more info about it before plopping down the cash and waiting it out.

My experience thus far has been excellent. Settings are a little unintuitive at first (it's a little less advanced of a UI than the Ti-83s I used in high school over a decade ago), but more than manageable once you read through the manual. The more interesting stuff is in the QoL improvements it seems to have based on complaints I've heard about the Pocket Pro II/PACT Club 3 . The Commander is AAA battery compatible, has sensitivity that's adjustable enough to pick up just my shots in an indoor range with an 11" AR pistol a few lanes over on the low end but capable of picking up dry fire when placed at arm height on the high end, and a review screen that allows me to look through multiple strings of fire at once (wish it let me select between seeing shot timestamps and splits rather than just the former, but alas). Apparently there's also Practiscore app integration via Bluetooth, but I've yet to play with that at all so I can't really comment on it.

That said, I'm a bit at a loss for how/what to compare it to when people ask, as my experience with other shot timers pretty much extends to pressing the button and reading a string time on a Pocket Pro II a couple of times. For those with questions, feel free to drop them here and I'll see what I can dig up or get it to do.

(please note that I have no professional affiliation with AMG Lab; I'm just a relatively early adopter.)

I've got one as well. Haven't had the opportunity to take it to the range yet (I never had a timer before so it's not something I think to grab), but have used it for dry fire.

I have found that on the highest sensitivity (10) it picks up a 1911 hammer fall no problem. It'll even catch the safety going on if you're too close. However, dry firing a Glock you need to present the pistol right next to the timer for it to pick up.

Beep is good without hearing protection. I am severely hearing impaired (~70% loss in both ears) with hearing aids, speech impediment, and sign language as a "second language". I'm not sure how well I can hear it at the range with ear pro, but I suspect for most of you, this isn't an issue.

Valk

New review popped up earlier today - haven't had time to watch it, but I'll leave it here anyway.