300 Blackout LEO Use

MikeDL

Sorry if this has been posted but I am wondering who can name some Law Enforcement Departments that are currently using 300 blackout?

I am trying to get my Chief at my Department to allow it but he wants to know some departments that are utilizing the caliber. Any help is appreciated.

Dpvaz56

I don't know of any PDs but I do know that JSOC utilizes it enough that the Navy has a DODAC for it.

Matt0311

Mass State Police STOP team is in the process of implementing Sig .300 MCXs I believe. Not 100% sure on the exact Sig model. This is from a conversation with a trooper.

My Sheriff and I both have . 300BLK rifles, but they haven’t been deployed in any actual situations yet.

I would approve others to carry them as well, but I’ve yet to have anyone ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can you buy 300 Blackout ammunition on your state contract? Depending on how many officers you are talking about, the increased cost of training ammunition over 5.56mm might be a deal breaker.

MikeDL

1stPersonSafet, what department are you with if you don’t mind?

Matt0311 I will reach out to them and ask. I appreciate it.

Beat Trash, cost isn’t an issue. We are a small department, and not all of us would be carrying them. It is just a superior round and setup for what I’ll be utilizing it for.

Dpvas56, where did you get that info from? If I could get something that shows that I could add it to the stack of other stuff I’ve given him.