Carbine and Rifle Show Off Thread!

pointblank4445

Established
How is it working out for you? What is the brightness light on the Flash Dot? Between that glass and all the Hodge you have quite the unicorn there.

Yeah this whole setup is a thesis in patience, timing, and a little luck.

It works well for this setup...a very narrow niche’ in what I wanted. It has some interesting quirks that’s for sure.

Brightness has 12 total settings, 6 for the flash dot (3 daylight bright, 3 low light). Same for the complete illuminated reticle 3 high, 3 low.

Ethan

My baby(s) Hodge mod 2 14.5",
kahles 1-6 3gr reticle in MI 1.93" Mount,
Geissele SSP flat face,
Surefire warcomp,
Magpul/railscales karve

mod 1-ish upper,
T2 in geissele 1.93" mount,
3 prong FH
Will be getting a Hodge barrel soon.

IMG_20190420_140625619-min.jpgshot_1548197376251~2.jpg
Group was with my mod 2, 5 rounds of m193. Have yet to properly group it with match ammo.

Default.mp3

Established
A friend of mine convinced me to do this:
J73lHM2h.jpg

Ei5Xpalh.jpg

cVJkCeOh.jpg

1wbl5Nfh.jpg

bdeb745f05a435e90b346c735ccdad18.jpg

KAC ambi lower (integral QD), SBR’d
Geissele SD-E, maritime bolt catch, super 42 spring, H3 buffer
Radian 45* safety
Magpul mag release, redi-catch
BCM furniture

Geissele URG-I 10.3” upper
KAC sandcutter bolt carrier
Magpul MBUS pros

CompM4 is being replaced with a T2 on Geissele lower 1/3 mount

M600DF is being replaced with small modlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Cali

Quantified Performance
My beloved frankenrifle, Vera:
KIMG0610.JPG
spikes tactical spartan lower
Aero precision upper
Colt 14.5" socom barrel
Pinned and welded strike industries Jcomp
Failzero BCG
Velocity trigger
Holosun HS403GL
Wooden furniture of my own devising, involving the cannibalizing of a strike industries viper modular fixed stock, several scrap thresholds, an old shotgun heat shield, a patch box door, and a bunch of brass gubbins from my scrap bins.
Old leather sling, the provenance of which I cannot recall.
Old m16 bipod stolen from my airsoft kit for photo.

My beloved frankenrifle, Vera:
View attachment 4915
spikes tactical spartan lower
Aero precision upper
Colt 14.5" socom barrel
Pinned and welded strike industries Jcomp
Failzero BCG
Velocity trigger
Holosun HS403GL
Wooden furniture of my own devising, involving the cannibalizing of a strike industries viper modular fixed stock, several scrap thresholds, an old shotgun heat shield, a patch box door, and a bunch of brass gubbins from my scrap bins.
Old leather sling, the provenance of which I cannot recall.
Old m16 bipod stolen from my airsoft kit for photo.

Very unique! How hot does the wooden hand guard get when firing?

Steven Cali

Quantified Performance
Very unique! How hot does the wooden hand guard get when firing?
Not very hot at all, I designed it with a gap in the underside to allow air to flow around the barrel, and with the heavy profile of the socom barrel, it doesn't heat up fast enough to matter anyway. I have done a couple of mag dumps in a row with it, and the handguards weren't noticeably warm yet, it would probably take a few more mags in quick succession before it became problematic, and I don't see that being a particularly likely scenario. The steel heart shield on top was warm, but not uncomfortably so. (The FSB, on the other hand, was hot enough to fry bacon, as my wayward thumb quickly discovered. Downside of having a carbine length handguard and long arms.)
It will probably be getting a second upper (18-20" rifle) at some point, but that is probably a ways down the road.

Update:
74e691f0d00b1b33893ed62560a7b8ee.jpg
53a79cf01ff621cb8d7408820070987e.jpg

(Also seen in the picture is my new Gladiator Workbench and Yost Versavise)

Swapped SureFire M600DF with DS00 tailcap to a Modlight PLH-18350 with a UE tailcap. Also modified the SR07 dual switch to fit in a Cloud Defensive LCS for a Streamlight.

Swapped the Aimpoint CompM4 on LaRue LT659 to a T-2 on a Geissele Super Precision lower 1/3 co-witness Mount. Also added a ARD killflash front flipcap, Knight’s spare battery cap, and Forward Control Designs ATA turrets.

Swapped the Viking Tactics upgraded padded sling with BCM QDs to an original VTAC with Midwest Industries QDs (the slim & lightweight, non “Heavy Duty” ones). Once I’m happy with the set length, I’ll remove all the buckles, and have the QDs sowed on and the excess trimmed off.

Added a Boonie Packer Redi-catch.

Added RailScale dragon G10 scales. Expensive, but this rail gets hot quick.

Will probably trade out the mil-spec bolt for a LMT enhanced once they come back in stock.

Gonna hold off on the LawTactical folding adapter for now, as I found a covert bag that will hold it with the stock collapsed.

Considering changing out the furniture to Magpul SL-S stock and Maid grip, and trading the SD-E trigger for an SSA-E. Also once funds allow, considering adding an Aimpoint 3XMag-1.

Still waiting for KAC E3 Mod2 CQB Mlok uppers to become available again.

Will add either a SureFire or KAC can when funds allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk